Feeler Thread: Any interst in a turbo rebuild HOW TO?

joey316g

Too many cars.
Im about to rebuild my stock turbo. ANyone have any interest in a HOW TO with pictures. Ill do a step by step from disaasembly, inspection, cleaning and reassembly if there is interest. If not, thats fine too. Just trying to give something back to the community. :wink:

I will have to do mine in the near future and would appreciate it if you did that for us! Thanks!

Im about to rebuild my stock turbo. ANyone have any interest in a HOW TO with pictures. Ill do a step by step from disaasembly, inspection, cleaning and reassembly if there is interest. If not, thats fine too. Just trying to give something back to the community. :wink:

Just click on the second link in my sig for some info.:biggrin: It's not done yet but it may help you if you decide to do a thread on "how to". You might want to add it to the how to section as well.:cool:

hello; I'd like to see a rebuild on a 100.000 mile TB turbo. I watched part one of that turbo rebuild and it's pretty nice in there and as he said fresh.
IBBY

Ok, ill do one. I'm in the middle of the rebuild now. I need one hard part (turbine wheel/shaft) and then I will reassemble, finish pics and then do the write up. Anyone have a good hot side wheel they wanna sell?

Still in the middleof this one guys...waiting on a hard part (turbine wheel) to come in and then I will finish it up and post up...should be decent.

That would really be great and very timely. I just broke the shaft in my TA60. Exhaust side destroyed. Turbo side feels good. However, I would love to do this if nothing more just a learning curve even if I never use it again. Thanks, Looking forward to your "How To" with pictures...