FBI/Law Enforcement Grand Nationals and GNXs

You mean this one?

IMG_1941aa.jpg

I lent it to a boardmember with the hope of him running off a few copies. We kind of lost track of each other because of our busy schedules. I'm partly to blame because I didn't press the issue.

That brake light cut out switch is another bogus rumor that needs to go away..for good. Think about it. A cop gets all excited and forgets to flip the switch. He's driving home and some jerk rear ends him and sues the city and becomes an instant millionaire. Common sense would tell you nobody in their right mind would install a piece of crap like that on a car, especially a police car.

OK time to play Truth Or STFU. All of the newer GM cars have DRL(Daytime Running Lights). Even the Impala 9C1, Tahoe and Camaro B4C. How many undercover cars in your jurisdiction have this feature defeated? You can't go crawling through alleys with your park lamps on now, can you? The correct answer should be none of them. :eek:

They all to this day have a button on the dash that Says "Surveillance mode"

How do you think they can sit on a dark highway and nail speeders at night !

You mean this one?

IMG_1941aa.jpg

I lent it to a boardmember with the hope of him running off a few copies. We kind of lost track of each other because of our busy schedules. I'm partly to blame because I didn't press the issue.

YES! yes, yes... That's the one....So, are these gonna get made? I "need" a few of these...:cool:;)

They all to this day have a button on the dash that Says "Surveillance mode"

How do you think they can sit on a dark highway and nail speeders at night !

The various light kill switches were installed on some of these vehicles. I was assigned one of the 1986 T-Type Regals as an FBI agent back in the late 80's. Various modifications were made at the Field Offices to make these vehicles more "stealthy". The mechanics put brake light kill switches, single headlight kill switches, interior light kill switches, etc at the request of the individual agent that the car was assigned to. I had all of those features installed, along with a long gun rack that kept my shotgun out of sight.

These vehicles were not "under cover" vehicles per se, but rather "covert" surveillance vehicles used for discreet surveillances.

You mean this one?

IMG_1941aa.jpg

Yeah that one i want acouple if this ever gets rolling. If figured a nice bump would help.

In the late 80's while shopping for a car for my son, we spot this 86 Olds 442 on a Olds dealer lot. Beautiful two tone green with gold pin stripe factory LG4 very low mileage.
So the salesman comes out and proceeds to tell us that the car had all it's service done there, and was even stored there.
"Stored" I ask, "why would someone do that."
DEA car was his reply they used it to look sporty.
So I then take a look at the tires, fronts are like new, backs at least 50% gone.
Now this is where this salesman shined.
"The back tires are not worn down, those are special racing tires and they come that way".

I just could not keep a straight face thinking about those Feds having to power brake or neutral rev that asthmatic 305 to get the tires to spin, or spinning donuts in the local parking lots.

In the late 80's while shopping for a car for my son, we spot this 86 Olds 442 on a Olds dealer lot. Beautiful two tone green with gold pin stripe factory LG4 very low mileage.
So the salesman comes out and proceeds to tell us that the car had all it's service done there, and was even stored there.
"Stored" I ask, "why would someone do that."
DEA car was his reply they used it to look sporty.
So I then take a look at the tires, fronts are like new, backs at least 50% gone.
Now this is where this salesman shined.
"The back tires are not worn down, those are special racing tires and they come that way".

I just could not keep a straight face thinking about those Feds having to power brake or neutral rev that asthmatic 305 to get the tires to spin, or spinning donuts in the local parking lots.

That is funny, although one of the other agents on my team had one of those Olds Cutlass 442's. It was anemic compared to the 5 litre Mustangs, Buick T-types and Camaro's that the other guys drove. I always wondered why the Bureau bothered, when it was no faster than a 305 Monte Carlo of the same era.

I have had several members tell me they would find me a copy or let me print them off but so far no good. Anyone out there??:eek:

****Resurrection****

Just saw a similar poster for sale without the GN and it reminded me of this...

Just wondering if this "poster idea" was gone and forgotten....:frown:

Did anything ever come of this? Wondering if there is a document number on the poster... I have a contact with Florida Highway Patrol--- Wondering if they can get some info from CT Highway patrol.... I want one of these damned posters....:mad::D

Actually, I'd probably need a few of them....

Don't remember ever hitting the governor while I drove it--but I also don't remember ever going faster then 124 MPH's.

I don't remember FBI agents making obvious spelling and syntax gaffes. In those days you had to be a law grad.

Just stumbled across this OLD thread in a search that started far away. Very absorbing read. But, uh, seriously .... and nobody ever came up with that poster, somehow ....

If you would get copies made, you would have many persons wanting one or more. I would be one of them. Thank You.

No offense, but, uh .... These two posts read exactly like all the posts from a few years ago. Like somebody just cut-n-paste. Is there some kind of automated service that puts this stuff up? o_O

I mean, I feel like I just walked into a seemingly deserted graveyard and zombies start appearing from behind tombstones .... :eek::ROFLMAO: