Fastest V6 Buick on pump gas Oct 2010?

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Fastest 109 is John with a 9.63

This was Robert Wilsons Stage II in BG this past week.. Running brackets :)

Attachments

• time slips.jpg
    time slips.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,195
Dang!

What cubic inches?

What heads?

Cam?

That thing is flying for pump gas and alky.....

Dang!

What cubic inches?

What heads?

Cam?

That thing is flying for pump gas and alky.....

Basic build is:
274" on center
TA heads
236-236 cam
Journal bearing 76GTS turbo
V2 intercooler
Xfi with 95lb injectors
400 trans with Bradco convertor
3.42 gears with 295-55 drag radials
Weighs 3735 with driver

Street car :D

Wow nice! With that MPH maybe its time to step up to a different IC.

That V2 could be had with 3" piping....... nice compromise for cooling/weight ratio. I sold a V2 and bought a RJC.... the RJC is one fine piece..... but it is twice the weight (at least) than the CAS V2.

Wow nice! With that MPH maybe its time to step up to a different IC.

Thing is that the alcohol will cool that down so its a non-issue.

What if I was to tell you that car runs at 60 degree's for IAT. I'll post an XFI data log latter tonight..

There is one issue tho.. we just found out a limitation on the Alkycontrol kit. Pretty neat stuff.. I'll be posting that info up soon as well..

Stay tuned.. this one's neat :D

That V2 could be had with 3" piping....... nice compromise for cooling/weight ratio. I sold a V2 and bought a RJC.... the RJC is one fine piece..... but it is twice the weight (at least) than the CAS V2.

Good point.

Julio cant wait to see the 411.

Talk about street car, If anyone looked at this car they would have no clue what it could run...It still has AC and all that jazz everything...It truly is a work of art.

And he's not leaning on it AT ALL.

Attachments

• IMG_062950DPics.jpg
    IMG_062950DPics.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 971
  • DSC_0283copy.jpg
    DSC_0283copy.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,114
Wow, that's crazy if that's his street tune. With those 295/55's in there it looks like he has some launch boost left on the table to drop that 60 a hair more.

I agree, no need to swap intercoolers unless he's looking for lower pressure drop at this point to run more total psi.

What else caught me was he has a Stage II with TA heads, curious why not Stage II heads?

How much boost was he running on those runs. I might now somebody;) also closing in on those numbers on pump gas

Very nice! Why is the car over 3700lbs?? Looks great, what a sleeper.

What does it run on pump gas?

Weighs what it does because its not stripped down.

This is on pump gas... and the alcohol sprayed on top.

Agree on a sleeper.. :D

How much boost was he running on those runs. I might now somebody;) also closing in on those numbers on pump gas

Yes I know who your talking about.. but he's kinda secretive :wink:

He's the guy that has his seat laying back pimp style.. and his foot always slips of the throttle. :eek:

Boost data coming up latter..

Wow, that's crazy if that's his street tune. With those 295/55's in there it looks like he has some launch boost left on the table to drop that 60 a hair more.

I agree, no need to swap intercoolers unless he's looking for lower pressure drop at this point to run more total psi.

What else caught me was he has a Stage II with TA heads, curious why not Stage II heads?

Besides being commercially available with aftermarket support (like for headers and replacement parts) I'm sure it was much easier to keep his AC this way.

He probably has other reasons as well, but these are the easy ones I could come up with.

Because it's full weight with a bar...I don't know about you but if I stuck a bar in my car it would be pretty dang close to that in weight.

With those MPH numbers maybe it's time to turn it up...He's not leaning on the tune AT ALL.

Collin,
I wouldn't say that I am not leaning on it at all but have been trying to be conservative and not tear up stuff. Thanks for the kind words on the look of the car.

I agree on 60'. My car has never hooked well but now beginning to figure it out. Lazaris, here on the board, has given me some good guidance lately. I was leaving at 3400RPM and 6psi of boost on both of those passes.

Went with the TA heads to simplify header availability and keep the A/C. Plus look how fast some of the TSL/ TSO guys are going with production style heads.

Julio cant wait to see the 411.

Here ya go.. :D

Green line is Boost.
Blue line is IAT.
Yellow is pump PSI.

Whats unique about this log is that look at pump psi drop off mid track. This only happens when the alky tank is half full. When the tank is full it doesnt drop in pressure. Guess it goes to show that a faster car can develop a small drop in pressure. It doesnt change air fuel or correction.. but non the less is there.

Another neat thing is if you look at the alky pressure log you'll see that when it hits 7 PSI boost pressure it ramps up.. at 1.5 seconds its at 7 PSI.. at 2.0 seconds already past 150 PSI. Thats how fast the pump spins up. The reason you see the 0-7 psi is that its reading pressure at the line from the alky in lthe line pressurizing. Example if there was a check valve on the nozzle.. you would not see the 0-7 psi creep.

Dont mind the correction. This was an early run when he got to the track and was retuning. Not bad mid 9's at 10.0:1 AFR and 19 degree's timing.

Told you I had something neat :wink:

Attachments

• SIIlog_1.jpg
    SIIlog_1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 882
Collin,
I wouldn't say that I am not leaning on it at all but have been trying to be conservative and not tear up stuff.

Slow is good...Unless you're a crackhead like me, I'm more of a crank it up and see what happens kind of guy.

Edit - I just looked at the screen shot Julio posted, I'm still going with not leaning on it at all.