fastest ta-49 street trim car

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
i want to know if anyone knows what the fastest ta-49 car in full street trim is with stock heads and intake. et and mph. i am trying to set some sort of record i am now at 11.62 at 114 with full weight car and steel rims through the mufflers. running pig rich through 1st and second gear. trying to get to record or 11 30's

I know the tinman ran 10.90 with a 49 ,30 lbs of boost and unopened motor.The article is in one of the older gsxtra.Good Luck

Dang, 30lbs.. Man, I can't get above 25 on alky and I don't have that much timing. Time for me to set a new goal :) and better tune:rolleyes:

I know the tinman ran 10.90 with a 49 ,30 lbs of boost and unopened motor.The article is in one of the older gsxtra.Good Luck

nice times mike. is the tinmans car a full weight gn with steel wheels? i was running 24 psi i guess 60 more horses if i go to 30 but dont know what heat will net me with no other changes

nice times mike. is the tinmans car a full weight gn with steel wheels? i was running 24 psi i guess 60 more horses if i go to 30 but dont know what heat will net me with no other changes

i managed 11.45 at 116.9
bone stock unopened motor 135K miles, foot brake , o the boost was 24 in 1 and 2 and then due to a BSTC setting error i had over 30 in 3rd gear , on alky and 93 , 27/21timing , if i had known it liked to run at 30+ i would have set up for the full pass at that boost , never got the chance to try for that as the turbo flew apart in the burnout box on the next attempt

mods from stock : 2800 converter ,50# injectors ,3 dp , TT chip , through the mufflers (hooker 2.5" duals and a mease 3" DP)

buddys car went 11.25 117 but with home ported iron big valve heads and .030 pistons

10.90 would be tough to do without some weight loss

Al "The Tinman`s" car is real close to full weight. I think it has about 40k miles, so it is definatly not a cut up racecar!:)
He does use aftermarket wheels, not the stock steel ones.

And,he does 60ft the daylights:eek: out of the car, and has owned his "beast" since new. :)

Brian

some body correct me if i am wrong, but i remember reading here some time ago, that "Red Armstrong from Quad Air, also ran in to the 10's with a '49.. im not 100% sure, but if my memorie serves me right, i remember reading this, some were in here.......:biggrin: :confused:

Turn off the alky gentlemen and then you can truely say you're running street trim.
It's pretty well known fact that you can run alky push the motor as hard as running 112 or better race gas. Not a fair comparison to what I consider to be true street trim. Not at all.

Wanne compare #'s. Make your runs on straight 93 octane, no additives.
And while you're at it pull the sticky tires off, then let's compare #'s.

please explain why alky injection is not "street trim ",

poster didnt ask for a as shipped factory configuration car ,

i dont run race fuel at the track and then drain it and use 93 with two completely different tunes

i pump my 93 fuel from same pumps as everyone else and dont need to change a thing when i drive home and nothing else goes into my tank

and i did drive to and from the track on the same tires i ran with

i guess i should pull the 340 pump out and put the stocker back in the tank , put the 28# injectors back in , run a cmw/bbkj chip and put on them skinny 215 /65 radials to be your idea of "STEET TRIM"

you run 93 and street tires , ill even let you run a 60 turbo.. ill run a stock turbo on alky.... wanna guess who'll be looking at taillights (if you can still see that far ),

If I remember right red did run 10.90 with a ta49 but he had cam and some more stuff done.You could probally find that in a gsxtra magazine somewhere.

please explain why alky injection is not "street trim ",

),

Simply because it raises the effective octane to that of good race gas.
I would hardly consider a race between two similar setups, one on alky, one not as a fair race. Would you?

When I get the time i will get the issue of GSxtra that has it featured.

By that time, i'll post back what the results were, unless someone beat me to it.

Adam

ipaulabbott,fred vetter went 11.09 at 119 on a 49,i think tinman has gone 10.99 at 123+mph.that's the fastest i've heard of.i'm at 11.41 at over 119mph with the 49 and i'm going to try to go faster,full weight on pump gas and razor's alky,i have punched out valves with very mild work on the stock heads with ported intake rest is stock.i would put my car in the street trim category,as i run a less aggresive tune at the track verses on the street due to the 2 hr drive to and from the track.