Fastest stock unopened motor

That car hits it pretty good down low.

I was under the impression that a large turbo such as the 64 66 and larger was too big to run on a completely stock head(no port work) ?

Well, im sure with your setup, a tad more times to the track and it will surpass stangbangers 10.66 , and you have already passed Tim Stockwells runs :biggrin:

Keep us posted on how well it does in the near future.
BW

The only problem so far is matching a non lock torque converter to this turbo size with the stock engine. It makes so much power down low and can't turn enough rpm to really lock in. The car might actually go faster with a smaller turbo or a ball bearing set-up so I could tighten the converter up. It's not an ideal combo, I can say that. Laz will figure out a way though to put the #'s down.

Dusty, apparently those convertors work great, and i totally agree once its all said and done, the top end will match that 60'

Makes me want to break out the wallet for a non lockup convertor just to compare against my stock D5 in the white car in my signature. :cool:

BW

I'm still around. My numbers and combo posted above were right......except for the boost. It was over 35. Don't really know, as that's all the gauge shows.

Well we are still kicking we got a new low mileage car to work with and new times . Rico bought a nice car and we been trying to help the cause best so far is 10.62 the D.A was 2600 when we got there it did improve . The torque convertor is too loose so we need some updates to tackle it any further .

Attachments

• rico time slip.jpg
    rico time slip.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 190
Marty would you like the lotto numbers also ? To make this combo work you gotta push it so its aggressive c 16 32 lbs of boost , its alot easier to put some more bolt ons makes it easier .

The car is low miles 17,000 mods are 62/62 63 housing precision turbo, thdp, upper plenum and throttle body. rjc front mount. Ptc convertor, extreme auto level 3 trans, fast xfi rjc deep oil pan, stock suspenion and shocks, h@r anti roll bar ,fiberglass bumpers and double pumper, the only engine mod is comp valve springs .

top 4 1. rico 10.62@127 2. stangbanger 10.66@126 3. tin man 10.68@125 4. jesus barber 10.69@124

Number 1 would be Jim H. "boostedLC2" on this forum. 10.495@129.84 back in 2004-2005.
TurboBob can confirm this information.

Motivation time to clean up the cobwebs and get to work . I could see the lock up being worth while on this combo our is non lock and not in its range . We will be back out in 2 weeks and try and update the list ;) .

Wow these guys trapped 130 on stock cam& stock unported heads? Has to be racing fuel and upwards of 40 psi right? Bravo

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Define stock unopened motor please.
Back in the late 90's i went 11.1 bone stock motor except for valve springs. 10.80's @124-126mph with ported heads.
With the same motor in 2000-2001with ported heads/intake and a cam i went 134mph+ (stock pistons/rods/main caps/crank/main bolts etc).

Define stock unopened motor please. The way it came from the dealer no cam intake porting head porting only mod is valve springs . The car we went 10.69 went 950s with a roller cam and ported champion iron heads no girdle caps all stock parts .

Define stock unopened motor please. The way it came from the dealer no cam intake porting head porting only mod is valve springs . The car we went 10.69 went 950s with a roller cam and ported champion iron heads no girdle caps all stock parts .
Unopened means just that, can't be much clearer. Pull the heads, it's been opened. Pull the intake or front cover, it's been opened.