Fastest Pump Gas / Alky 1/8th mile (updated 10.07.18)

I've run as much 32lbs that's it....... I'm very happy at 29lbs haven't seen north of 35.........yet!!!!!!

I've run as much 32lbs that's it....... I'm very happy at 29lbs haven't seen north of 35.........yet!!!!!!

JD, I guess you know the faster you go the more these guys are going to rag you.:)

I'm still waiting on my tranny to be finished. Had some problems to deal with and think we have all of those identified so car should be ready to come home in a couple of days.

I missed the window for good weather to race here.

Phil Engle

Phil he's done. He twisted the wastegate spring down till it broke off. There's nothing left. Boost is at a undetermined amount as the XFI log was flatlined.

JD, I guess you know the faster you go the more these guys are going to rag you.:)

I'm still waiting on my tranny to be finished. Had some problems to deal with and think we have all of those identified so car should be ready to come home in a couple of days.

I missed the window for good weather to race here.

Phil Engle

It's all GOOD........hope u get the bugs worked out!!!!

I'll be ready for these guys!!!

Phil he's done. He twisted the wastegate spring down till it broke off. There's nothing left. Boost is at a undetermined amount as the XFI log was flatlined.

Wrong once again grass hopper...........but I promise you this there's no way in HELL YOUR GONNA BEAT ME!!!!

You better figure out where you are gonna get enough boost to hang with the BIG BOYS!!

;);););)

Because it's a street car. Will MAYBE 4-6 runs a year kill the o2? My last combo had a TOTAL of 10 passes. 8 1/8 mile 2 1/4 mile in the 11k I put on the car in four years. (My first passes) Shit happens, with a stock block, it's one thing with a 4k block it's another. IMO Look, I wasn't planning on taking it off, Bison suggested I CONSIDER it with such a large investment in a block. That's what I'm doing. Forget I brought it up, my bad, didn't mean for my comment to take the thread elsewhere. Cheers.

Noone is beating u up man, it was a question to see where ur thought process was at... dont take it personal. We all have reasons for things and i was wondering what urs was. I have a large investment in my block as well... :)

Wrong once again grass hopper...........but I promise you this there's no way in HELL YOUR GONNA BEAT ME!!!!

You better figure out where you are gonna get enough boost to hang with the BIG BOYS!!

;);););)

I've pegged the boost gauge several times but never intentionally. Blew the up pipe off and it sure knocked a hunk and blew a hunk out of the hood insulator.
Not sure the 6265 can push enough air to go over 30 PSI with the setup I have.

Do you have any idea what's the fastest speed any one has run in 2nd gear, intentionally or accidently?

Last edited:
Exactly!! And in JD's case his boost gauge has traveld into uncharted territory, kinda like Star Trek.. "to boldly go where no 30psi boost gauge has gone before....."

What planet are you liven on???????

;);););)

There's more to boost than a number on a gauge.

Totally agree. My stock block setup took 29 lbs. of boost to run 10.80's but with stroker kit and bigger cam, car runs 10.40's on 22 lbs. Tells me that the turbo was making a lot more air than the stock block setup could take.

Do you have any idea what's the fastest speed any one has run in 2nd gear, intentionally or accidently?

Imma guess between 95 and 100.. I accidentally bounced the rev limiter at 6200 with a 275 tire so thats my thought

Exactly!! And in JD's case his boost gauge has traveld into uncharted territory, kinda like Star Trek.. "to boldly go where no 30psi boost gauge has gone before....."

Hahahahaha....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Picture1.png