Fastest chip car??

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
I've seen so many "fastest" threads.... but never one that specifies with a "chip"...... i.e. stock type ECU.

Any type chip that can go in any stock type ECU.... max effort..... speed density...... TT 6.0 ....... Red A....... if it is a chip...... in a stock type ECU...... it is fair game for this thread.

I know there is a pile of 9 sec cars that have done it on chips......

State your ET? and trap speed....... and what chip?

Any other particulars like motor size.... heads.... cam...... turbo..... etc.... would also be useful info.

Has anyone gone 8's in a TR with a chip?

Who has the fastest chipped TR?

THis should be interesting. I may be wrong, but didn't Grumpy use turbotweak chips in all of his cars?

THis should be interesting. I may be wrong, but didn't Grumpy use turbotweak chips in all of his cars?

As far as I know..... the 9.9x pass was with a TT chip.

I believe there are some mid 9's with TT chips and possibly some faster. I am also interested to see who posts what.....

GM High-tech had a stock block car that ran 9's from nc with RED's chip but it was a back half car :rolleyes: non the less still a street car

My 9.56 was with a ME-R chip. I now run a TT SD chip. If you click on the youtube videos below, the track run was with the ME-R and the dyno run was with TT.
I also know of a guy named Walt that has run a 9.30 with the ME-R :eek:
Wow 9.37 at only 141 that must have been one hell of a 60ft. Congrats!

9.30 @ 144 max effort-r on a 275 mt drag radial and iron heads. That was at about 30 to 31 psi. Best 60 1.28 Best 1/8 5.85. Walt judy

Red's car... Very, very low 9's...
Terry Houston... Long time ago, I believe went high 8's.

K.

Dave Poppe and Mark Jackson both ran chips in the mid 9 sec range...This was several years ago however. I believe Mark switched to a FAST system though a couple years back....Haven't seen either of them in years.

Whatup Brian!!!

Dave Poppe and Mark Jackson both ran chips in the mid 9 sec range...This was several years ago however. I believe Mark switched to a FAST system though a couple years back....Haven't seen either of them in years.

Whatup Brian!!!

N/M Scott.

So many have changed over to the FAST.....and it definately has some great benefits over a chip....I know b/c I have played with both.

I, however, am still sporting a TT6.0 chip in my GN.

Just thought I would find out who might be out there that was quick with a chip.

I've run an extender chip and several TT chips...... I've been extremely happy with both......and I do alot of reading. I heard a rumor (not on this board......and have found no posts that support it yet) that RA had recently run an 8...... but not sure how good the source was.

I have a great respect for Eric.... and Bob....... I'm just tired of hearing about so and so has never been as fast as so and so with a RA chip.

I know there are alot of fast chip cars out there. I'm just hoping some will chime in.

I have run nothing but Bob's chips in my car. I can't say enough about him & all the help he has given me. Without him my car would have never got this far.

People tend to look at you funny when they see a twin turbo S2 running on the factory ecm. Bob & I made the switch to E-85 last year also. So it's cheap to run the car on the street now....lol

Scott

I heard a rumor (not on this board......and have found no posts that support it yet) that RA had recently run an 8...... but not sure how good the source was.

If it's just a rumor, why worry about it? How's that for value?

I have a great respect for Eric.... and Bob....... I'm just tired of hearing about so and so has never been as fast as so and so with a RA chip.

Why are you tired of it? Why would you be upset if someone can make a car perform, chip or not? Look at how many cars show up at the events for the stock ecm classes, none. Makes it hard for a competitive attitude to increase performance with one...

Think about it though... As long as the MAF can continue to measure the incoming air @ w.o.t., all the car cares about in the program is what... W.O.T. Timing/Fuel??

Find a MAF that works, a chip burner in your back pocket, and sufficient $funds$, it's just as doable as a MAP system in my opinion.

K.

If it's just a rumor, why worry about it? How's that for value?

Why are you tired of it? Why would you be upset if someone can make a car perform, chip or not? Look at how many cars show up at the events for the stock ecm classes, none. Makes it hard for a competitive attitude to increase performance with one...

Think about it though... As long as the MAF can continue to measure the incoming air @ w.o.t., all the car cares about in the program is what... W.O.T. Timing/Fuel??

Find a MAF that works, a chip burner in your back pocket, and sufficient $funds$, it's just as doable as a MAP system in my opinion.

K.

I'm not upset at all. It is awesome when you see the times these cars are turning regardless of the chips....... and I agree..... it is a certain timing and a certain amount of fuel...... and it will make XX hp..... regardless of whose chip it is.

What I'm "tired" of is some people think you must have XYZ chip....XYZ's MAF..... insert the latest trend here product to run a certain time........ like this product is some sort of magic pill that allows them to do this..... no other brand will work.

The fact is.... there are lots of real fast cars..... with many different setups.... stock MAF.... big MAF......or speed density (no MAF)...... or wideband O2 controlled..... whatever....

Bottom line is it takes time..... attention to detail......and a sound recipe to go quick. There are 100 different ways to get there.... but the end result if you break the faster cars down is the same..... attention to detail.....good tune..... and a sound recipe of matched parts.

20 over bore, Stock Stroke, 70GTQ, 218cam, SD Chip, 83's,342gear, TH400

1/8mile Left side quickest MPH has been 109mph
Timeslip.jpg

Keep it coming guys......

All good info....

Underboost.... 6.38 is cooking for sure. 1.42 60' time is not too bad either. What converter?

South Florida guys...

Didn't see it mentioned, but Roy Garcia/Laz ran 9.30's @145-146mph with the ME-R several years ago when they were running TSM with the stock block before they went to the Stage2 stuff and the XFI. Also, Orlando Granada ran some high 9's with both Red's chips (the 107 and 106) and the TurboTweak chips. Gabby Rojas ran 5.99 @117mph on iron heads with a 109 with a TurboTweak SD chip as well.