fast v-dub?

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
i have a friend who has a '66 bug and he's dropping a 2300cc motor into it. anybody ever see one of these run? I'm curious if they're fast.

Got a fairly local guy who specializes in VW's.. He's got a bug with a VW air cooled motor that i have personally seen run 6.80's in the 1/8th.. Word has it he has been faster..

They're neat, just not my cup of tea..

:)

Local guy that built 2 motors for me was out a few months ago with a turbo slapped on top of the carb. He ran 7.3 in the 1/8 but blew the motor about 2/3rds down the track.:eek:

A friend of mine has a '64 that runs in the 12's NA. It was in the 11's with the turbo. Oh it's a 2332cc. Fun little ride!:D

Hey Warren, that VW here in Bham is turbocharged if memory serves right....

Originally posted by ACLR8R
A friend of mine has a '64 that runs in the 12's NA. It was in the 11's with the turbo. Oh it's a 2332cc. Fun little ride!:D

yeah thats the motor, 2332. i think its set up with twin carbs too.

Ive seen a rail w/nitrous dip into the 6s in bham.You guys wouldnt be talking about Turk would ya??

my buddy has a VW golf with a VR6 that just went 10.8 blowing it up. before his sponsor he went a best of 11.6 at 130mph. on that 10 second run i think he only went 123. the car is set up for 35psi and NOS. he has yet to mkae a full pass all out. im thinking that car will go in the upper 9's at like 145 or so. the webiste is WWW.EIPTUNING.COM the car on the front is his.

actaully the car on the front is not his, lol they cahgned the page his name is Lou its on that page somewhere.

Scott,
I was actually talking about Mitchell's car from T town... It was N/A but I heard he had started spraying and since blew it up..
It's been over a year since I saw it run the 6.80..

Well it may be the same guy. This fella had his car in the World of Wheels here in Bham about 3 years ago. Same guy Warren? Thought it was turbocharged and sprayed....