FAST tuners in Mich

Cope

I'm looking for a tuner in S.E mich. Detroit area. I need someone that can tune my car and teach me the system. I want hands on teaching. Phone conversation aren't that much help to me. Thanks

Cope

There are zillions of people around here. We are even in the area. I'd offer to help but at this point we have too much work on our schedule.

Tuners up here seem to have favorite cars to work on. There's Ford guys, Chevy guys, etc. What do you drive? I can get you info on who to call. The best of the best are around here.

Cope?

Cope? Is that name French? Why not Livernois, I have heard such great things about their customer service.:D

P.S. Guess who????????????

Originally posted by Trbobuick
Do NOT go to white racing.

He is the guy that programmed my stock block motor. VERY little changes needed to be done. I have to give credit where it is due.

Sorry.. I am from the detroit area, and I know this DAN WHITE. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! He has a very bad rep in the area. I delt with him personally and was NOT impressed.

Think what you will about Dan White, but one of the comments that were in this thread was pure slander. The person who posted that comment better hope Dan White never read it before I deleted it. That was begging for trouble.

You know who you are, and I will permanently boot you off of this site if you ever post anything like that again.

gewroo- SO...we are going back to the old days i see?

.....of post nazi and booting threats? Jesus christ.

White racing is known in this area. Some like then but most have a bad experiance. I had a bad time there. I went for some dyno tuning to figure out why my top end wasnt what it should be.
After 450.00 bucks worth of parts and tuning i went off to put the parts on that he said would fix it. No change at all. Next
time i saw him i told him those parts didnt fix it. He shruged his shoulders and turned around and walked away.

What about the local guy with a stage 2 twin turbo that dan built, installed cam bearings wrong, and then tried to charge the customer for the repair? :confused: :confused:

No slander here, but i do feel it is VERY narrow minded not to be able to warn people about the white racing local reputation.

Brian, you are free to warn people about Dan White or anyone else all you want. The comment I deleted was a baseless criminal allegation from someone who chooses not to post his or her name. If you have negative comments you want to post about someone, this is a free country and that's one of the things that message boards are for. But there are obviously limitations to what you can say about someone in public, and the post I deleted crossed the line. I'm not playing favorites or defending anybody; slanderous comments are not welcome here about anyone.

If I had to name one person whose performance advice to me over the years has been most valuable, it would be Dan.

Art

9.43@143.7

Originally posted by gtokid1
Taylor, Mi. Kim and Larry's is another option.

Stay away from these guys, their claim to fame is working on gn's with dubbs and big speakers in the trunk.

Originally posted by top gun
Stay away from these guys, their claim to fame is working on gn's with dubbs and big speakers in the trunk.

hahaha...Dubs and subs....Hey Man, Ya cant lose wit 22's.... :p

I think Kim & Larry are doing great work for a decent price. It doesn't matter who's car their working. In this day and age(ie economy) they seem to be quite busy. All the people I know that have had work done by them are happy and going fast.

Originally posted by Pat Adkins
. All the people I know that have had work done by them are happy and going fast.

What is your definition of going fast?

I would not want a guy that is questionable with a carb and nos in his race car tuning on my car with efi.

Oh yeah, I heard they have some guru in the back that is the best around when it comes to switching out Reds chips in stock ecm cars.

Originally posted by top gun

Oh yeah, I heard they have some guru in the back that is the best around when it comes to switching out Reds chips in stock ecm cars.

Hey now I'm very good at switching out Reds chips in my stock ECM car, but nobody calls me a guru:( :confused: :rolleyes:

I wonder why?;)