FAST n00b...in a Syclone...in AZ...in serious need of direction...

MadPSI

Alright. So I've got a built motor, 83# injectors, 72 Turbo, etc... and FAST (B2B WB02). I haven't had a shred of experience with tuning either. This leads me to some questions:

- I've got myself an engineering degree and the online manual, will that suffice as ample information for me to tune it? I've heard that tuning takes years of experience to get good at.

- Is there anyone in the Phoenix area that has experience with it?

- What information from my computer (i.e. log files, data tables, etc...) would be necessary for someone to help me online?

I want to get this thing running decently. So far it idles well with the demo program but it drives like crap. Any help would be...well...helpful.

Thanks a lot guys... I have a feeling I have a long way to go.

Originally posted by MadPSI
- I've got myself an engineering degree and the online manual, will that suffice as ample information for me to tune it?
How much do you know about tuning cars? Have you tuned a carb, or poked around with a scan tool before?

- Is there anyone in the Phoenix area that has experience with it?
What about your dealer, did they offer some phone support? Maybe having them explain the basics one-on-one would be the best way to start.

Any help would be...well...helpful.
Monty Python fans always welcome!

The first thing to learn about is the VE table. Once you get a thorough understanding of that, the rest of it is more intuitive (assuming you have at least some understanding of timing, A/F ratio, etc.). Do you understand volumetric efficiency?

-Bob Cunningham

????

Wasn't there a recent run of posts regarding the setup on one of these cars?? I recall alot of info on the problems w/ getting the signals right, yadda, yadda.
Gittin old.. maybe CRS has really set in and I'm way off.
Do a search and see what you snag.;)

Never tuned a carb in my life... My first car was the Syclone.

Don't know jack about VE, A/F Ratio, or tming either...except for hearing certain terms like pulling timing, adding timing, basically what I hear my friends talking about when their screwing with their turbolink is all the experience I have.

I'll poke around here and the net for a while and see if I can't get a basic understanding of how the whole scheme of things works, then I'll take another stab at it.

It's hard not to get discouraged when I'm this far behind on the learning curve. :)

Wish me luck!

Brandon, I think that we can get you running better I would be happy to give you a hand tuning your fast system just drop me a private email message and I will get back to you on setting up a time to look at it. I have done some tuning on a turbo buick with Fast for Nick Micale and can get some pointers from Cal Hartline if needed. I am sure we can get you closer. Let me know if I can help.