FAST "mopar" mode and weird problem...

JeffB

two questions:

a) i'm working on a friend's durango that has a FAST (actually it's an older boxed labeled SpeedPro, firmware: B2BDAK_E) and a Fast Track interface harness (FD-9503-021)... my friend has a binder with a bunch of printouts, one of which indicates that you can put "mopar" as a command line parameter to "cc" in order to get the software to work with the factory Dodge sensors... (his durango still has the factory temp, map and idle sensors)... this is the first i've ever heard of this "mopar" option... seems odd that the software would have built in support for Dodges (relatively rare) and yet the Ford guys all have to switch to GM sensors?? If this option is a real thing, does it work on CComWP as well as the DOS versions?

b) when in the CComWP software (i wasn't using the "mopar" option at the time because i hadn't yet seen that page in his documentation) i was online with the VE table pulled up... the rpm "sensor" part of the dashboard would match up with his factory tach... but the highlighted oval that moves around the VE map was way off! for example, when his tach and the rpm sensor read 2500, the cell was in the 1000rpm column... when he was at 1000rpms, the cell was around 800rpms... this oval seemed to actually represent the place where the fueling was coming from, if the tach showed 2500 and i changed the 2500 column, nothing happened... but if i changed the column where the oval was then i would get a change in the actual a/f...

what in the world is going on here??

In the Windows version, look in a directory called CONFIG under the C-Com WP directory. Among the files here are cts.ini, gm cts.ini, and mopar cts.ini. Rename cts.ini to something else and then rename mopar cts.ini to cts.ini. To switch back, either reverse the above steps or do the same thing with the gm cts.ini.

The Ford sensors don't operate in the same manner as the GM and Chrysler sensors so we don't have that option for them unfortunately. The GM and Chrylser sensors work the same but have different calibration curves. The ini files you are changing define the curve.

Craig, thanks for the tip, that helps a TON!

do you think this could explain the mismatch between the rpm sensor in the dashboard and the cursor in the VE map? if not, have you ever seen anything like that before? Does the FAST actually have 2 rpm inputs (or perhaps two ways of calculating rpm) that would even allow it to have different values for these two entities? That one kind of baffled me...

thanks again,
Jeff