FAST Event

Lance

I am tossing around the idea of having a customer get-together in mid to late September at a mid-michigan track. It would probably be on a Wednesday (to avoid any conflicts with weekend racing) and we would attempt some seminars, test and tune and even some racing. We would have the track all to ourselves. Dealers would be invited to attend as well as current and potential customers. Give-aways and door prizes are being considered. Car entries would be limited to FAST/Speed-Pro/FP customers only. Of course Craig and I and several dealers would be on hand to give any help or advice possible. If I can make this happen, how many of you folks would be interested in something like this?

Lance

I personaly think it's a great idea Lance!!

The only problem I have is that it's just a little far away :(

I would love to attend such a event. I hope you have
a good responce.

Thanks for your product and support.

I'm with Neal; it sounds great but I can't come to MI for one. If you could do something in conjunction with the BOP at Bristol event in September, that would be awesome!

WE ARE IN

We will be bringing 2 Camaro's with Buick Power to the event.
Please let me know what date so I can get it scheduled with the shop and wife!! Excellent Idea....!!!!! Hopfully we can rally enough support!

Sounds great. I wish I could attend :) If you ever decide to come to the west coast, I'll be there :D

Jeff

How about something around Chicago? Like Joliet, Byron or Union Grove?????? I think it is an awsome idea as the only complaint I have about this sytem is the lack of instruction and theory included with this system explaining how it works and how to tune it. It is very laborious given the lack of info in the book.

This would be an excellent way to help those of us out here that are struggling. Although your teck folks (Mike) are very helpful it is quite difficult to get alot of problems sorted out over the phone let alone over a message board.

This would be a great help to me if you could make this happen.:cool:

I would definitely be interested in the event.

Although my preference would be to have it in the Chicago area I would certainly be more than happy to travel to Mid-Michigan or some other location.

Our club will help in anyway we can.

hmmmmm......Septemer 15th.....hmmm....that date sounds familiar....hmmmm....

LOL

That's the date for the NFRA event......lol

We've got Morroco rented for September 22nd. We could probably setup something for that day.....;)

It looks like I can make this happen but it won't be a big event. It will be a private gathering of friends, customers and dealers. I have the Mid-Michigan Motorplex reserved for Sept. 19th from 8am to about 3:30pm. They have a regular test & tune in the evening should anyone want to stay. There will be some cost to get in, probably $5 to spectate, $15 to test/race. The track will be prepared and there may be a few very fast cars there. More to follow...

Lance

I got the shop owner 80% convinced to load the trailer and come over. Appreciate the effort.

Darn, I was hoping for Joliet. :(

Where is that track at? How far from Chicago?

Will even FAST dunces like myself be taught too or will this be for savvy user only. I'm talking barely able to use it. How tough will tech be? I run mid 10's and no bar, will I be able to run at all?

This event will be open to anyone wanting to spectate and open to any cars running a FAST EFI system. We are trying to organize a tech seminar but in any event, expect to interact with FAST employees, FAST dealers and FAST customers. This is for fun, not for business.

The Mid-Michigan Motoplex has a web site: http://www.midmichmotorplex.com/

Still more to come....

Lance

Originally posted by Nashty
Darn, I was hoping for Joliet. :(

Where is that track at? How far from Chicago?

Will even FAST dunces like myself be taught too or will this be for savvy user only. I'm talking barely able to use it. How tough will tech be? I run mid 10's and no bar, will I be able to run at all?

This will likely be a problem for you. Tech is generally a little less strict on test and tune days, but you are running a full second faster than the slowest ET the IHRA says you can run without at least a 5-point cage. If you brought your car, I would expect that you will get one, maybe two runs in before you are told to keep it off the track. The owners are great people but they have their own set of rules they must follow or risk big trouble. :( :( :(

Craig

I hope you guys are ready for some questions because I'll be there bright and early with the TTA. Are you guys in the central time zone or eastern time zone? don't want to be late!:D