"FAST" B2B Systems SALE !!--Lubrant Performance: Joe Lubrant says:

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce

Rest In Peace
Joe Lubrant said:
ECU circuitry is hardened to prevent high-energy ignition interference.

Care to explain how this is done?. The circuitry is just copper traces, on a printed circuit board, how can they be made resistant to ignition interference?.

bruce said:
Care to explain how this is done?. The circuitry is just copper traces, on a printed circuit board, how can they be made resistant to ignition interference?.
It is in a metal box and sheilded, is what I was told years ago
Mike

Mike Licht said:
It is in a metal box and sheilded, is what I was told years ago
Mike

But, that's not what Joe's claiming, he's claiming:
" ECU circuitry is hardened to prevent high-energy ignition interference. "

He's made the claim that the *circuitry* itself is some how hardened, which is different then saying the *ecm is hardened*. If someone's going to make claims, IMO, it's up to them to be able to actually prove them, or retract them. If he was just repeating something, well, he's stated it as fact, and is now responsible for what he's said.

So far I haven't seen an ecm in anything other then a metal box, and they've all have the cases *grounded*. It would seem if someone wants to make the claim about being truely hardened, and be legit about it they'd quote some AN/SAE/FCC, or some other form of standard having been meet.

Joe Lubrant said:
Bruce,
I am NOT CLAIMING anything I am stating what is stated by the Manufacturer in their advertising literature!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR TAKING YOUR MISPLACED POST TO THE APPROPRIATE AREA!!!

So if a manufacturer makes any claim, you feel free to repeat it as it being the truth?. Don't you take any responsibility for being honest?.
Repeating what maybe a lie, is still lying.

Again, you're making the claim (or repeating one), you selected the forum to make the claim, I'm just repling to your claim, in the forum you selected. It would seem, that if you're going to quote someone, then you would take the time to verify the material if someone asked you about *your* claim.

Now your making me wonder about this claim, of your's.
* *FREE-Start Up Program......With Unsurpassed Product Support!!!*

bruce said:
So if a manufacturer makes any claim, you feel free to repeat it as it being the truth?. Don't you take any responsibility for being honest?.
Repeating what maybe a lie, is still lying.

Again, you're making the claim (or repeating one), you selected the forum to make the claim, I'm just repling to your claim, in the forum you selected. It would seem, that if you're going to quote someone, then you would take the time to verify the material if someone asked you about *your* claim.

Now your making me wonder about this claim, of your's.
* *FREE-Start Up Program......With Unsurpassed Product Support!!!*

THATS YOUR PROBLEM BRUCE!! "YOU WONDER TO MUCH!!" :rolleyes:

I WILL GLADY DISCUSS HARDEN CIRCUITS WITH YOU IN THE APPROPRIATE AREA OF THIS BOARD!

THERE YOU CAN CLAIM WHAT YOUR INTREPRETATION IS OF A HARDEN CIRCUIT, IN YOUR....." NON-FALLIABLE OPINION".

I PERSONALLY FEEL THE CIRCUIT AS DISCRIBED IN THE MFG. ADVERTISMENT CLAIM IS ACCURATE TO THEIR OPINION/INTERPRETATION ! THEY ARE ENTITLED TO THIER OPINION/INTERPRETATION ARE THEY NOT?

GEE BRUCE!!.................... I WONDER WHAT THEY CALLED CIRCUITS BEFORE PRINTED CIRCUIT OR MULTILAYED CIRCUITED BOARDS WITH INTEGRATED CHIPS/PROCESSORS WERE INTRODUCED??

WAS IT "SOFT CIRCUITS", HARDWIRED CIRCUITS, WIRED CIRCUITS, POINT TO POINT CIRCUITS, WHAT WAS IT BRUCE???

KEEP WONDERING!!! .....SINCE YOU APPEAR NOT TO HAVE A LIFE AND HAVE PLENTY OF TIME FOR INJECTING NON-RELEVANT B.S. WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG.

Through the years of READING your 800 MILLION POSTS, I wonder if anybody else in this world is right on anything according to You ????

P.S........YOUR STATEMENT ABOVE RELATING TO ME BEING DIS-HONEST AND OR/LYING............"YOU DID NOT WANT TO GO THERE FOR SURE!!!" :mad:

I WILL BE TAKING APPROPRIATE ACTION !!

Joe Lubrant said:
THATS YOUR PROBLEM BRUCE!! "YOU WONDER TO MUCH!!" :rolleyes:

I WILL GLADY DISCUSS HARDEN CIRCUITS WITH YOU IN THE APPROPRIATE AREA OF THIS BOARD!

THERE YOU CAN CLAIM WHAT YOUR INTREPRETATION IS OF A HARDEN CIRCUIT, IN YOUR....." NON-FALLIABLE OPINION".

I PERSONALLY FEEL THE CIRCUIT AS DISCRIBED IN THE MFG. ADVERTISMENT CLAIM IS ACCURATE TO THEIR OPINION/INTERPRETATION ! THEY ARE ENTITLED TO THIER OPINION/INTERPRETATION ARE THEY NOT?

GEE BRUCE!!.................... I WONDER WHAT THEY CALLED CIRCUITS BEFORE PRINTED CIRCUIT OR MULTILAYED CIRCUITED BOARDS WITH INTEGRATED CHIPS/PROCESSORS WERE INTRODUCED??

WAS IT "SOFT CIRCUITS", HARDWIRED CIRCUITS, WIRED CIRCUITS, POINT TO POINT CIRCUITS, WHAT WAS IT BRUCE???

KEEP WONDERING!!! .....SINCE YOU APPEAR NOT TO HAVE A LIFE AND HAVE PLENTY OF TIME FOR INJECTING NON-RELEVANT B.S. WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG.

Through the years of READING your 800 MILLION POSTS, I wonder if anybody else in this world is right on anything according to You ????

P.S........YOUR STATEMENT ABOVE RELATING TO ME BEING DIS-HONEST AND OR/LYING............"YOU DID NOT WANT TO GO THERE FOR SURE!!!" :mad:

I WILL BE TAKING APPROPRIATE ACTION !!

Geesh Joe, you make some claims, and then get hostile when someone asks you about them. It sounds like your the one with the problem.

You brought the topic up, HERE.

BTW, how long is F.A.S.T. going to be offering support for those systems, now that there's a newer version out?.

Gee, you really need to calm down and try to discuss matters rather then rant, and make threats (I WILL BE TAKING APPROPRIATE ACTION !!). If you'd been upfront and directly answered the intial question, instead of trying to dodge it, then we'd have moved on by now. But, again, you've refused to explain YOUR claim, and just seem to be hiding behind someone else's words.
** BTW, you might investigate, the Board's Policy on making Threats **.

None relevant?, maybe to you, but you publically posted a statement, and so far have refused to explain YOUR claim.

BTW, I believe it was called point to point wiring.

Lots of people have done things right, IMO, one of the big items, is when people take responsibility for what they say. So I post too much?, hmm, how about if you try contributing more?, without having any commercial concerns.

BTW, what leads you to believe their claim is accuate?, what engineering or manufacturing standard are you using?. BTW, do you have a degree in EE?.

bruce said:
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
** BTW, you might investigate, the Board's Policy on making Threats **.

BTW, what leads you to believe their claim is accuate?, what engineering or manufacturing standard are you using?. BTW, do you have a degree in EE?.

Yes Bruce!!

You might also use that "Statement about Board Policy"... when you basically were saying or insinuating that "I was a Lier and dis-honest" !!!

If you think I was threatening You...YOU MUST BE WONDERING TO MUCH AGAIN !!

No I do not have a Degree in EE........But I have worked for RCA (Radio Corporation of America) Camden NJ & Morrestown NJ for a number of years, and have been involved in Quality Assurance/Control, relating to printed circuitry of single & multilayer boards for the Government.
I was also a certified wiring/soldering techician in addition to my QA/QC certification.
Worked on numerous projects relating to supply of NASA equipment & control consoles. I am also very familiar with using most electrical test equipment.
I am also a licensed amatuer radio operator, and have built, tested, and used transmitters & receivers successfully on the airways. I have both experience in Tube & Solid state circuitry. I am by no means a novice when listening or reading anything relating to circuit or design parameters!

So I know when a valid issue is being presented. In your case it was BS, that was raised to HI-JACK, & Disrupt a Paying advertiser thread!!

You and I have had issues in the Past!!....I let it pass and ignored it!!....I will no longer do this!!

Thanks for your Degree in EE to tell me it was Point to Point....hmm ....I already knew that!!

Printed Circuit Boards....including the IC's etc. has been considered Hardened.......
So you know what you can do with your Degree in EE :rolleyes:

I apologize to the rest of the Board for the posts here, which has totally taken away from my original intent. Which was to offer a product that has proven it self to exhibit Quality, Reliaiblity, & a true performance enhancement for our cars at a reasonable price.

Joe Lubrant said:
You might also use that "Statement about Board Policy"... when you basically were saying or insinuating that "I was a Lier and dis-honest" !!!

If you think I was threatening You...YOU MUST BE WONDERING TO MUCH AGAIN !!

I have both experience in Tube & Solid state circuitry. I am by no means a novice when listening or reading anything relating to circuit or design parameters!

So I know when a valid issue is being presented. In your case it was BS, that was raised to HI-JACK, & Disrupt a Paying advertiser thread!!

You and I have had issues in the Past!!....I let it pass and ignored it!!....I will no longer do this!!

Thanks for your Degree in EE to tell me it was Point to Point....hmm ....I already knew that!!

Printed Circuit Boards....including the IC's etc. has been considered Hardened.......
So you know what you can do with your Degree in EE :rolleyes:

I apologize to the rest of the Board for the posts here, which has totally taken away from my original intent. Which was to offer a product that has proven it self to exhibit Quality, Reliaiblity, & a true performance enhancement for our cars at a reasonable price.

So as not to continue the personal BS that has been displayed......
I have requested the Administrator....To Total Delete this AD Thread in its entirety.

Since Bruce feels I am a lier & dis-honest in posting this FAST Product & its advertising claim....... I WITHDRAW THIS SPECIAL ADVERTISMENT AS NO LONGER BEING OFFERED!!

Can you quote the policy where questioning someone is against the rules?. I'd really like to see that one.

What issues?, all I've ever done is ask you questions, or for you to post data to support your claims. Again, please refer me to where that is against board policy.

You know for someone that advertises being customer support oriented, what do you offer when they question you?.

Nothing was *personal*, and it still isn't at least on this end. You offer a product, and made some claims, all I did was ask you about them. You're the one that's gotten in a huff, and threatened *action*, and now withdrawn you offerings.

Nice credentials, too bad you had to get in a huff, before you took the time to post them.

It's sad when a vendor gets so aggravated they'd rather get all pumped up, and make threats, rather then trying to answer questions in a clear, and precise manner. Good luck with running a business, when you display this sort of attitude.

BTW, you're the one drawing false conclusions, I never said you were a liar, or dis-honest. YOU just put yourself in a position where someone might question those attibutes.

RICHIE HIGH PSI said:
DUDE
GROW UP AND GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR RUNING THE SALE FOR THE REST OF US.
:mad: :mad:

You might try looking around, before accusing anyone of anything.
As of 11:41 am, 8/23/05, the sale is still on according to his ad at T6P.
I'll let you draw your own conclusions about the games he might be playing.

He never did answer **BTW, how long is F.A.S.T. going to be offering support for those systems, now that there's a newer version out?.**

If you don't want to ask questions before buying a product, fine, but, IMO, customers should make informed desicions.

bruce said:
Assuming F.A.S.T. isn't going to stop supporting them in the not too distant future.

Copied/Moved from Advertiser Area to Appropriate Area of this Board!!

Quoted by Mike Licht in response to BRUCE:

"FAST will continue to support the older boxes, right from the source. The box in question has proven itself over many years to be a great performer with very few problems. These older versions are an excellent buy while they last. This deal was a very good one. I am not sure what this is all about but Joe is NOT trying to pull anything, decieve anyone or lie about a product. He simply said what the manufacturer has said all along. Since it lives up to the claim I am not sure wht there is a need to dispute it or explain it. The boxes do not suffer from "high-energy ignition interference"which is what is in question, If they do show us. Bruce you are a very smart guy, no question. I have lots of respect for you but you have some agenda here that I do not understand. You know EXACTLY what was said and why it was said. You somehow feel the need to back Joe into a corner over over a statement that has been made for many years by lots of people, I don't get it. "

Mike

WoW. All I got to say is this, Joe has been nothing but helpful to me. He spent time with me that most wouldnt have. He has the phone bill to prove it to.lol. He is a valuble source of info so please dont chase him out of here, tho I dont feel that you could. Joe keep up the good work and I still need to talk to you on the system for that other guy. Talk to ya soon.

steve

melvin said:
So... what have this to do with anything?

Smart desicion making as a customer.
If you don't want to be left with a nonserviceble ecm, then you'd want to know how long the manufacturer is going to support it, after you buy one.

Joe Lubrant said:
Quoted by Mike Licht in response to BRUCE:

"FAST will continue to support the older boxes, right from the source.

The next question, is for how long?.
As fast as chips, go obsolete, they're just disappear, or get imposible to find. ie withness the PROMs in the GenVI's, as well as the IAC driver (or so ACCEL claimed).

Joe Lubrant said:
No I do not have a Degree in EE........But I have worked for RCA (Radio Corporation of America) Camden NJ & Morrestown NJ for a number of years, and have been involved in Quality Assurance/Control, relating to printed circuitry of single & multilayer boards for the Government.
I was also a certified wiring/soldering techician in addition to my QA/QC certification.
Worked on numerous projects relating to supply of NASA equipment & control consoles. I am also very familiar with using most electrical test equipment.
I am also a licensed amatuer radio operator, and have built, tested, and used transmitters & receivers successfully on the airways. I have both experience in Tube & Solid state circuitry. I am by no means a novice when listening or reading anything relating to circuit or design parameters!

OK, so what speifically leads you to believe that the circuitry is hardened (in any way moreso then any other ecm)?.

Bruce, I have been reading Joe's ad post and see you are trying to punch holes in his sales. You are trying to cast doubt that Fast systems are no good and there is no tech support. I can call Joe anytime and he has always been there to help with questions. Besides those Fast systems have proven themselves on some of the worlds fastest cars. Is your car one of those 7,8,9 or 10 second cars? If not you Might want to call Joe to help tune it for you. LOL

PS. Put that Mass air back were it belongs, your Buick is not an LS1.

bruce said:
OK, so what speifically leads you to believe that the circuitry is hardened (in any way moreso then any other ecm)?.

"I never said that the FAST system circuitry is harden more than any other "SPECIFIC ECM"

Now that this thread is in the PROPER AREA you can respond to what I had asked you and you IGNORED!

I PERSONALLY FEEL THE CIRCUIT AS DISCRIBED IN THE MFG. ADVERTISMENT CLAIM IS ACCURATE TO THEIR OPINION/INTERPRETATION ! THEY ARE ENTITLED TO THIER OPINION/INTERPRETATION ARE THEY NOT? "

Based on what I said, I beleive It is now "YOUR RESPONSIBILITY" to disclaim what the manufactuer wording intent was. The statement was very simple, and in a Layman term.

Circuit hardening is a very board and general term!!
There are different processes & methods of ciruit hardening used to provide the intended protection.
The methods and/or processes can be very COMPLEX or very SIMPLE depending on what it is being protected from!! (RFI, EMI, RADIATION ETC. ETC.)
Circuit Design, Separation of Circuit Functions, Components, PC Board (single or multilayer), Materials, Coatings, Casings, Ground paths, etc. etc. all play an important role.
Circuit Hardening/Shielding whether Internal, External, or a combination of both, based on intended design is still what it is!!

As I said previously: I personally feel the statement made in the mfg ad wording is accurate, to their opinion & intrepretation.
They may have use some complex internal or just the simplier methods of circuit hardening but the statement stands on it self to be self evident.
The simplier methods are very evident to exist!

Have a Nice Day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.