GEN II setup instructions, help needed!!

TurboDave said:
And to add to that, if your BLM learned up to 137 with the Main Scale set to 10, the last thing you want to do is reduce it to 6, that will cause the BLM to go even higher!

So do I want to adjust the Main Scale higher? Maybe to bring it down? Still learning the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

At idle and wot is what he means. Cruising in closed loop o2's will continually cross between lean and rich.

TurboBuRick said:
At idle and wot is what he means. Cruising in closed loop o2's will continually cross between lean and rich.

That is what I meant. Sorry just getting up here. My idle O2 are 150-200...... I probably should have said that but just waking up and getting ready for work, makes it hard to think sometes.

TurboBuRick said:
You have the power to change that. ;)

Go to the tune low page and add fuel.

That is where I set the idle rpm and fuel percentage? Now my car is running around 900 idle. And I can only make adjustments for 800 and 1200 rpm, since that is near my idle rpm.

I have the plastic 3.5 LS1 and the input is set to LS1.

You sure you have the correct MAF selected? Could yours be the 85mm MAF??

If you add 10% @ 800 rpm and 10% @1200 rpm, anything in between will get 10%.

Generally we use the mainscale to dial in cruising and light accelerating. Tune off the bl# when in closed loop. Anything north of 128 means the ecm is adding fuel. Anything south of 128 it's subtracting. So.......your tune is not bad but down low it's lean.

At idle and wot tune based on o2#. The ecm is in open loop. Any fuel added or subtracted will directly effect the o2's in these areas.

RL

TurboDave said:
You sure you have the correct MAF selected? Could yours be the 85mm MAF??

I contacted Mike at Full throttle to verify MAF size I purchased. He said that it is the 3.5 LS1

TurboBuRick said:

Generally we use the mainscale to dial in cruising and light accelerating. Tune off the bl# when in closed loop. Anything north of 128 means the ecm is adding fuel. Anything south of 128 it's subtracting. So.......your tune is not bad but down low it's lean.

At idle and wot tune based on o2#. The ecm is in open loop. Any fuel added or subtracted will directly effect the o2's in these areas.

RL

Awesome. I will try these adjustments this evening. Will let you know.

RL

Well I adjusted the low range 800@10 and 1200@10.... I got know change. So I adjusted 800@10 and 1200@10. No change. The BLM is still 140 idle, but 128 while druving. But my O2s are 750-800 v idle and jump around as I drive. What are your suggestions now?

Most TT chips will switch to open loop idle mode after the first drive. So leave the changes you made in the Gen-2, and reset the ECM and let it relearn the idle. But, if its driving ok, there is no need to fiddle with it.

Bob

TurboBob said:
Most TT chips will switch to open loop idle mode after the first drive. So leave the changes you made in the Gen-2, and reset the ECM and let it relearn the idle. But, if its driving ok, there is no need to fiddle with it.

Bob

I will give that a shot and let u know!!

RL

Still high BLM at 140. I am wondering if the TT chip doesn't allow for GEN II tuning in all ranges. So I am going to later today, install my wideband and add 10% fuel overall and see if my BLM comes down. As I am driving, my BLM will read 128. Not at Idle.... O2 volts are better but still sparadic. Escecially when cold. I will post later today changes. (Got to finish installing a water heater today and drywalling).... Rather be working on my car!!!

Can you tell me why the wideband fluctuates from 12.9 - 14 A/F