Fan shroud for 84GN - where to look?

turbo84gn

I'd rather be waterskiing
Here's the situation. The bottom of the radiator shroud came loose, allowing it to hit the fan. Bottom half of shroud is now trash, and fan is bent.

What vehicle/motor combination could I possibly hope to find a replacement shroud and fan for my 84 hot-air?

And better yet, what vehicle/motor could I find a shroud to fit the wider radiator?

P.S. I don't want to convert to an electric fan.

any g-body(cutlass,regal,monte carlo,grand prix)of our era (1981-1987)with the v6.....should be easy to find...i believe the v8 shroud was shorter...

The V-8 shroud won't reach all the way back by your fan, like Gary said. They are two pieces too, the ones I have seen. There is a piece that holds the radiator down and then the shroud bolts on to that. I purchased the hold down piece out of a early 80's cutlass and it bolted right in and sat perfectly on my 87 350 iroc aluminum radiator. Not sure how our 84/85 fan shroud could work with that. I am running the ramcharger electric fans.
I do have my stock clutch fan and fan shroud for sale in the parts section. ;)
-Nick. :cool:

The hot air fan shroud is the same as the 81-87 NA shroud from a coupe. The sedans and wagons are a little shorter. There are 2 different styles but they interchange. The difference is cosmetic. I do believe that the later 85 hot airs used a V-8 radiator that used a different fan shroud. I have a part number in the books but it is discontinued. I've been searching for cars that have this and haven't had any luck. The V-8 models used a metal plate to hold down the radiator,like the IC cars use.

Back in the 90's I stuffed a Buick 455 in a LeSabre wagon. I ended up using a fan shroud from a Buick 350 car only because the WP pulley(and fan mounting) isn't on the same centerline as the crank pulley. In other words its offset. The 3.8 and the Buick 350 share the same front covers. I wonder if you can use the B-body Buick 350 fan shroud. IIRC I tried this when I put the 455 in my Regal. I cant remember why I didn't use it. Maybe the top half didn't bolt down right or something. I ended up with a F-body radiator and electric fans on this car.