F&F and how it will effect the TR comm.

turbo blue 3.8

Asphalt Cowboy
Hey guys I'm just throwing out an opinion question. Now that the new F&F has released what will the fallout be on the TR community? Do you think there will be any? Personally I think that movie put a more "cult classic" car ,our turbo buicks, and has put them into a spotlight that we kinda avoided and now a bunch of people are gonna want our cars. I mean think about it: after the first one dropped the eclipse was suddenly a hot car... where as before if you weren't into the tuner scene you couldn't careless about them. Not to mention the fact that now the GN is a "cool" car now a bunch of dude's with more $ than sense are gonna snach them up along with the parts. I mean like it or not the F&F movies are a huge force. I went to the midnight showing and the theater was PACKED!!! I don't know maybe I'm over reacting...or maybe not idk? What do y'all think???

I read they had something like 244 studio built cars for this movie.
Maybe the car they flipped the body around on, that would be cool to see driving down the road.

I've also read, they sell alot more movie tickets during recessions, probably packed in that theater because there really aren't any good movies out.

well the only thing I can think about is in the drifting movie when the Monte Carlo raced the Viper, I havent seen their prices go up any. I know that people looked at that as "some old car" but they were shown about the same amounts of time

Any effect the movie had will be short lived imo. It's not like a ricer is gonna go out and buy a TR now. Which is fine by me.

I know that my friend been into mustangs for a while and was in the market to buy a mustang GT, then he saw F&F last week and calls me up now he wants to buy a GN and sell his current mustang.

The GN scene is fun but I don't think it's involved in the movie enough to really capture someone's attention unless they already know what the car is. I don't expect much impact at all.

Hard to say.

Some times I wonder what a 67 fastback Mustang would be worth if there had never been Bullet, or gone in 60 seconds. Also, If Smokie and the Bandit could make those 17 second wonder, plastic crap-box, Trans-ams into "Ledgendary performance cars", who knows what will happen.

Are we sitting on the next Hemi Cudas? Probably not.

IMHO, I think that some hype cant be bad. It will help to keep intrest in these things for a long(er) time. This will help to keep us in parts, and venders.

The bad news is: You better keep your car locked, or it'll be gone in 60 seconds.:mad:

Happy spooling...

Mike Barnard

well the only thing I can think about is in the drifting movie when the Monte Carlo raced the Viper, I havent seen their prices go up any. I know that people looked at that as "some old car" but they were shown about the same amounts of time

+1

...i think the Monte got MORE playtime and exposure than the GN did - i didnt see Vin race that GN against an $80,000+ "supercar" and whoop its ass

I was at CVS last night and when I came out I had 2 guys looking at the car and asking if it was a GN. Kinda cool, but now everyone wants me to burnouts at every light. Heck, I do them anyway.

I have read a lot of TR speculators compare what happened to the values of the Supras and say that this will happen to TR's. I don't think so.

Unfortunately I think a majority of people still see our cars as common because they see Regals all the time. Im not sure about that body style Supra and it production numbers, but it was a unique style and I think it helped its cause.

I think NBC's show 'Life' could have more of an impact on our cars if they featured it more and explained a little about it. Anyway, I enjoyed F&F4 and thought it was great to see the GN there, it could have easily been the new Camaro or Challenger, but the TR took its place with the Chevelle, Torino and Charger as preemo American Muscle.

That's because we're talking about a Monte Carlo............GN's have been collectable since day one. Not dishing Monte's, but it's kinda like comparing Corvettes to Camaros IMO...........

Ken

And as a side note.......prices seem to be up on Ebay. Don't know if that's because it's spring, or maybe movie related??

Funny thing though my friend was checking on craigslist and he showed me some GN's that were listed as "Pre- Fast And Furious Hype Cars". Idk if it's a fad er what... but it's kinda what spawned this thread. But I think SPOOLFOOL2 brought up a good point of aftermarket...but thinking logicaly I doubt any swell in parts. I mean we have a low #'s car so why invest millions into some parts of our cars when they could make that same part fer a 350 chevy er a honda vtech with 100x more cars than ours? But it would be nice!

i thought the movie was pretty good and the GN showed real well. we can pick on a few things butt overall it was still pretty cool. my two sons went nuts (of coarse they think the GN is the best thing ever). It just gets you going right out of the gate, especially on the big screen.. keep watching, i think it a positive for the buick community..

Unfortunately the ricer crowd will never get why people like us love these cars so much, we will never understand why they love what we consider a sporty unperformer.... On a funny note while driving to get some TRW rate springs from Advance I had my father for his first ride in the T... he asks why GM quit making these cars, I told him a) the Regal went to a FWD platform and b) the GN way outperformed GM's flagship car the Corvette... he then proceeds to ask "car can out run a vette" as I leave the light and at that point had to nail it... he was not happy with the way he was thrown back in the seat, He then asks what type of enjoyment do I get from driving this car, my answer is fear.... :D

Good question.....prices could go up....could stay the same...who knows?

Or we might see more cloned GN's with V8's in place of the 6....

Only bad thing about the movie was that they never mentioned anything about the car. If you didn't know and missed the brief badge shots then you still don't know and no 3.8 SFI Turbo call outs either. :(

Got a compliment from 2 ricers yesterday in their little gokart hondas.
Coincidence?
More unwanted attention.. :rolleyes:

i told everyone this would be bad, most knew it would. some didn't get it and questioned my strong opinion as usual.
but watch now, not 1 thing good will happen. except more dum a$$ mother truckers will be looking to buy and ruining
our precious cars, what ever we have left. This means only negative things for our community imho.

china venders like the some big vendors here won't mind though I am sure

f&f makes me want to puke

GOD I HATE IMPORTED RICE AND THE GAY STEASE THEY INFECT THE NATION WITH

I really dont care if it effects the value one way or another as I dont plan on selling. But I enjoyed seeing 5 minutes straight of GN in the movie theater in such a block-buster movie! Not to mention the glimpse of the F-bomb in the end!!