My whole day went like this........

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
So, I wake up and the weather man says "Rain's a-comin'."

My kid recently totaled his super clean, ultra low mileage, very, very nice '97 Moostang GT, so I've loaned him my daily driver Honda Accord while I find and make road worthy a car that will fit the budget we are left with after the 1K deductible. Basically $7500. I found a very nice little low mile '05 Accord on the cheap and grab it up, but it needs some TLC.

This leaves me driving SnoozR, my 87 TR........

Well, over the course of the day I :

A. Got a call from my girl telling me she's pissed off . How, Why? Who the hell knows, I figure I'll deal with that when I get home.

B. Dropped my phone getting out of the car and cracked the screen.

C. Had a coworker cop an attitude and get all "crispy" on me because I pointed out a mistake he made and asked him to correct it instead of shipping it and making it the next guys problem.

D. Pissed off said coworkers boss for calling him on his bullshit.

E. Told said pissed off coworkers' boss that his guy was a tool and he needs to square his shit up.

F. Got called on the carpet by my boss for disrespecting another department manager. My bad, but his guy is a tool, period. Boss agrees, backs my play.

G. A bunch of political bullshit company feelings get hurt and after much gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands, I have to apologize. Whatever, OK, I'm sorry, square your shit up, dude.

H. My day gets better cuz IT'S OVER!!!!!!!

I jump in the car and head home. I get to the double turn lane and light to enter the freeway on ramp and realize I have a late model Boss 302 Mustang in front me and a new 5.0 GT right next to me. Yellow and white, respectively.

I think "Hmmmmmmm, this could be fun"........

Now, this freeway entrance (Tatum westbound onto 101 West and 51 South, for you of those that know the Phoenix area and freeways) leads directly to transition lanes where you can merge left to go west or stay in one of the two lanes you enter on to the freeway. Those are southbound lanes and head south onto the other freeway.

Since I had never seen either of these guys before I thought sure one (actually both) of these guys would head west and, as usual, I would be heading south.....

Lo and behold, these two stay in the southbound transition lanes and head south, Yellow 302 in the lead, white 5.0 next, me trailing.

As we transition on to the southbound freeway it opens to 4 lanes southbound and there is no traffic in any lane for at least a half mile. Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh boy, this is gonna be fun!!!!!!!!

So we each pick a lane, line up, give a head nod and Yellow 302 honks it off.... 1...2...3 Bam!

The Mustangs tear off down the road, Surprisingly 5.0 guy in the lead.....

I give it a second to give them a fighting chance and ............... heh, heh, heh..... these poor slobs.......

Then age and reality kicked in for me.......I suddenly remember that the weather man said "Rain's a-comin'."

And ...................................

I had decided to leave the Buick at the shop and I was driving home the little Accord I have been working on for my son..............

Dang the luck............:meh:

P2M5w7xUDrz2hGo1i7Y1VEhLqAe7901i2Lc00iCohybmMiTumlIOjOLvLkQHod4bBA=w300

Last edited:
WOW.......I have many days like that.....including the ending !!!

You will get your chance with the stangs one of these days!!

Bryan

Great story.
So, why was the Mrs. pissed off at you? Cuz you didn't drive the Buick, I hope.:D

You killed me with this story when you were telling m about it at Spoolfool2's place. Gawd that was funny.

Great narrative, Guy.
GF?
You found a female to tolerate your mid life crisis?
The more I hear these GF stories., the more I love my cats.

Great narrative, Guy.
GF?
You found a female to tolerate your mid life crisis?
The more I hear these GF stories., the more I love my cats.

She stayed pissy for a few more days and I mentioned to her that the door unlocks from the inside.

I may not be too pretty, but I make a fair living and can I pay for my ride. Another cab will be along soon enough........:D

Everybody runs out of new cabs coming along at some point in time.
I was living in a small BFE town in Wyo in the early '70, & when the
wifey & I separated I thought that small BFE Wyo town was my oyster,
and I was going to deflower every young lady in town, but I came to my
senses when the ladies quit sending the cab to pick me up.
And yes, this is a "never count your chicks before the cab arrives" story.

Last edited:
Everybody runs out of new cabs coming along at some point in time.
I was living in a small BFE town in Wyo in the early '70, & when the
wifey & I separated I thought that small BFE Wyo town was my oyster,
and I was going to deflower every young lady in town, but I came to my
senses when the ladies quit sending the cab to pick me up.
And yes, this is a "never count your chicks before the cab arrives" story.

I'm not too proud to ride the bus. either..........:eek: