F body raidator?

I gotta get this done.
I'm sporting around at 200-220 on hot days...after a load inducing run it spikes up higher and then cools back down to 200-220.

My tranny lines are probably not a problem. I already have an external transcooler mounted down where the SLIC intercooler scoop used to be, and it uses flexible lines to run too/from the transmision cooler tank and then to the transmission on my stock radiator, so as long as the fittings on the radiator are the same size as the F-body rad, this should be a non issue.

So is it posible to do it in two steps (swap Radiator first and then do the fan later without pulling the radiator back out)?

Got mine at Avance Auto a couple years ago and it has a liftime warrenty. Temps very good as stated by many above. Chicken with those temps your running now you will see a bid difference. I was in the same boat as you with those temps went to this radiator and also dual fans love it!!

I gotta get this done.
I'm sporting around at 200-220 on hot days...after a load inducing run it spikes up higher and then cools back down to 200-220.

My tranny lines are probably not a problem. I already have an external transcooler mounted down where the SLIC intercooler scoop used to be, and it uses flexible lines to run too/from the transmision cooler tank and then to the transmission on my stock radiator, so as long as the fittings on the radiator are the same size as the F-body rad, this should be a non issue.

So is it posible to do it in two steps (swap Radiator first and then do the fan later without pulling the radiator back out)?

I know this has been the way to go for most in the past
this thread may be of some interest .

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...31-new-aluminum-radiator-grand-nationals.html

can be built in 3 different configs .. both coolers .. one cooler or no coolers
Don

Well...I got tired of waiting on my dual fan and relay harness delivery to show up (been 3 weeks now and the vendor only says they're waiting on their delivery to come in from their supplier....), and had to do something to cool my engine down, so I went ahead and dropped the F-body radiator in yesterday and resinstalled the stock fan with it figuring doing something is better than nothing.

Best $103 (includes Cali sales tax at Autozone) I've spent in a long time.:biggrin:

Just from the radiator swap, the peak temps have dropped 30+ deg and are far more stable, and the engine cools down pretty quick after a heavy load run. At a cruise and stoplight to stoplight, the temps stay between 170-180.

Hopefully my dual fans and relays from gbodyparts.com will show up in time for me to install them before I go to the track on the 31st.:rolleyes:

I have a V2 front mount in my car and no oil cooler. Summer time with A/C on the highest temp shows is 181 on the ScanMaster. I seen temps lower than the thermostat setting on the highway (how is this possible?) and in the winter, it never goes above 165.

I running the fbody rad aswell. Still using the stock fan and with a rjc fmic i havent seem over 175. I did make and install spacers on the stock fan mounts to move it back up against the rad. Stock rad is thicker than the fbody one so it leaves about a 1/2inch grap from fan shroud to rad when u swap to the fbody rad. dont think many people noticed this but i wanted my fan right on the rad so you know its drawing every bit of air it can through the it.

I have been running one for a couple few years now. Normally the temps sit right around 160. I have only seen it creep up high when idling in 100+ degree temps on asphalt with the AC on max. It got high then, wouldnt recommend doing that. Other than that, its been a good radiator and stood up to quite a bit of drag racing.

Well i guess since i bought and paid for it, i assumed i could do whatever i wanted to it. Stupid me:rolleyes: Next time i think of changing something ill pm you for your aproval.

LOL.... dat's rite!! :biggrin: what an asshat... :rolleyes: