Extender chip how?

Cale22

Doh!
Are there any sites that give directions on how to tune with the Extender chip? The directions that come with the chip tell you what each setting is for, but they dont tell you to add up or down or what each number will do etc. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Trial and error.

start with the base settings ( fuel and timing at 0 on the rotary knobs ) watch retard and 02's ..... go from there. You now have control..

I know how to tune with the Translator +, what I do not know is how to adjust all of the settings in the extender chip. Most settings have you toggle from 0-14 I believe, but then there are other options that would only allow you to turn something on or off (like lean cruize mode). I do not know how to turn these settings on or off (which number is on and which is off?) Thanks.

I know how to tune with the Translator +, what I do not know is how to adjust all of the settings in the extender chip. Most settings have you toggle from 0-14 I believe, but then there are other options that would only allow you to turn something on or off (like lean cruize mode). I do not know how to turn these settings on or off (which number is on and which is off?) Thanks.

setting #12 in INT,a/c off,shifter in park. if you want to run in open loop is 4.lean cruise is 2 and so on add them up switch scan master to BLM and push gas pedal to get desired #
Ed

Thanks. My cruize BLMs are around 109-110 (steady). Any ideas on what I should try adjusting on the extender or trans+?

If my cruize BLMs are low (109) all around, and my o2s are high (high 800's) should I be adjusting my fuel pressure or adjusting the BLM correction in the extender chip? My fuel pressure is set at 45, and im running 55# injectors. Would they both have the same effect? Or is one better to do than the other? Also, a leaner MAF Base would only effect idle correct?

There is a website dedicated to answering your translator tuning questions Here

All the experts hang out there to answer your questions. :)