Extender chip and NS switch?

onefastcar

mono e mono
I noticed in the new ecm i have a extender chip and my friend pointed out how my ses light was blinkin really rapidly or what he said was still a bad connection and then it went bright lit up (do the extenders do this blink the ses light) i'm gonna put my TT chip in that ecm because i think it may be disabling the car, also will the nuetral safety switch prevent ignition or more appropriately how does it disable startup of the car?

I noticed in the new ecm i have a extender chip and my friend pointed out how my ses light was blinkin really rapidly or what he said was still a bad connection and then it went bright lit up (do the extenders do this blink the ses light) i'm gonna put my TT chip in that ecm because i think it may be disabling the car, also will the nuetral safety switch prevent ignition or more appropriately how does it disable startup of the car?

SES light blinking sounds like a bad conection. Nutrel safty switch does have to be working and start sequence must be used.
I think it cuts off the fuel pump. It will start then die unless dissabled.

cool i have fuel so it must not be disabling it ses or extender i just wanted to rule them out Thanks Lewis. I cleaned up my connections on my ecm plugs so maybe my blinking will stop now.

Does it blink al the time when the key is on or only sometimes when the engine is running?
Mike

I haven't gotten this thing to that point all i know is that the ecm connector is corroded at c and d sides and with ignition turned to on it wigs out (ses light) and then will stay bright after approx 30 sec of it blinkin, i think i still have bad connection at ecm may need to replace the connector or does this chip do that?

just called you're comp and they say you're out right now but i thought this wierd blinking may be the chip just not sure?

just heard that the ses when it does this is not seeing chip (i'll reseat the chip) and that it is going into limp mode.

try 'retensioning' the fingers in the chip socket.

A safety pin is a good tool for this. (unplug the harnesses form the ECM for this.

If there is corrosion in the harness plugs, you may have more significant water damage to the ECM. You may want to open the case and look around inside.

B