New 4.1 build, Starts and runs for 5 seconds then Dies - Need the GN Gods!

Mine started doing it again tonight...frustrating! I emailed Eric again so we will see what he suggests. At this point I don't believe it is the MAF...it ran fine for three days and then all of the sudden for no reason and nothing changing it starts and dies after 5 seconds. It acts like you shut off the fuel even though the fuel pressure stays solid at 65 PSI
Why is the fp at 65psi??
Are these Delphi injs?

Yes I have...I know it is something simple like that though. I am leaning toward it being a chip problem but will see what Eric says now that it has done it again. Eric has MUCH more knowledge about these things that I do.

I was going to post a pic of the motor before I put it in the other day but couldn't upload anything. Now that I can here it is...
I do not have the Casper cam senser installed in my car yet but instructions say the cap screws should be located @ 1 & 7 oclock and the wire coming out @ 4 oclock when looking down on it your picture on page 2 shows the wire @ 1 oclock. Check it out with the instructions. John

I do not have the Casper cam senser installed in my car yet but instructions say the cap screws should be located @ 1 & 7 oclock and the wire coming out @ 4 oclock when looking down on it your picture on page 2 shows the wire @ 1 oclock. Check it out with the instructions. John
My engine is not stock and the placement is different...the cam sensor is set properly. It ran fine for several days.

My POS does this as well. 3 mafs and the same with them all. One that came with the car, one from parts store, one is known good from another car.

Pull the chip and it idles and never stalls. Got another chip and injectors coming...I hope that fixes it.
Did this fix your car? I have a new chip coming this week from Eric.

I doubt it's a chip problem. I'm surprised he will even respond without a datalog of the problem

BPE2013@hotmail.com
Is this the only way to diagnose these cars? I have to admit I was a little taken by your comment here...I have had a lot of great people help me and offer great advice including Eric and he has NEVER told me "Go get a power logger or I will not respond to you". If you doubt it is not a chip problem then what do you think it could be? I actually ordered a PowerLogger today in order to help get the data I need for this problem and future tuning but I have yet to have anyone tell me to go get one or they will not help me.

Did this fix your car? I have a new chip coming this week from Eric.
I got it fixed before the chip and injectors got here. My cam sensor was 180° out. I was certain i had it right, but after further investigation it was wrong.

Is this the only way to diagnose these cars? I have to admit I was a little taken by your comment here...I have had a lot of great people help me and offer great advice including Eric and he has NEVER told me "Go get a power logger or I will not respond to you". If you doubt it is not a chip problem then what do you think it could be? I actually ordered a PowerLogger today in order to help get the data I need for this problem and future tuning but I have yet to have anyone tell me to go get one or they will not help me.
You can take it how you want but the responses will only be as good as the data supporting it. Throwing parts at it rarely works. Seeing a data log of when the problem occurs works wonders more often than not. I work on cars daily and 9 out of 10 times the described complaint is nothing like the actual problem. I have my own ECM with low impedance drivers and powerlogger (and Wideband analog box) I use specifically to work on these cars when an aftermarket ECU isn't in the car. Without diagnostic tools Id be out of business in a hurry.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I got it fixed before the chip and injectors got here. My cam sensor was 180° out. I was certain i had it right, but after further investigation it was wrong.
did your car ever run more than 5 seconds? Mine all of the sudden ran for a week and then started doing it again. I am fairly certain that my cam sensor is set right or it wouldn't have cleared up and ran perfectly

did your car ever run more than 5 seconds? Mine all of the sudden ran for a week and then started doing it again. I am fairly certain that my cam sensor is set right or it wouldn't have cleared up and ran perfectly
Sometimes...although it never ran "perfectly". I ended up checking the cam sensor because that was free. And in my case, it paid off.

You have a good looking engine nero328. I have never seen a cam sensor positioned that way but it doesn't mean it won't work. You say it ran for 5 days and started acting up again. I know it seams simple but you might want to check all your Intercooler hoses. If one blows of it can cause these types of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a good looking engine nero328. I have never seen a cam sensor positioned that way but it doesn't mean it won't work. You say it ran for 5 days and started acting up again. I know it seams simple but you might want to check all your Intercooler hoses. If one blows of it can cause these types of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmmm, I will double check that...thanks for the tip!

I had a similar problem with my TB , crank it up and run fine for a short time and then go all to heck , You can still have cam sensor top coming and going , the electrical part, even if it still is timed right , ask me how I know , my TR6 diagnosed my problem and I fixed it, as no you can not have enough diagnostics tools when it comes to working on these TB causing poking and hoping is just too costly .

I had the exact same problem, it was similar to what TurboDave said. not any noticeable vacuum leaks, but the gasket between the vacuum block, and the gasket between the upper intake plenum was cracked
hopefully it helps

I should have updated this thread...my problem ended up being the chip. I had recently ordered a new TurboTweak chip and for some reason it was causing this issue. Eric sent me another one immediately and it worked perfect. It was a very strange issue and Eric couldn't copy the results when I sent him the chip back but the new one solved my problem! I would still order another one from Eric and his support was amazing!