Excellent trans guy Pittsburgh area!

ChrisF

I have to share, this guy deserves more business - he has certainly earned mine! If we do business with him, it ensures he will be around for the future.

If TR owners in the Pittsburgh area are unaware, this guy is the goods.

Recently I had him rebuild a BRF 200-4R for me, and I couldn't be happier. Yes, there are lots of excellent transmission guys on this board for sure, like (Bruce aka WE4) has always been extremely nice and more than helpful. But this guy was closer and got me out the door for a lot less, and was equally as cool.

His shop is nothing short of a GN playground - parts cars, low mileage cars, parts galore. This guy has everything, and if he doesn't have what you need he knows where to find it!

Although he only rebuilt my trans for me, he really knows his way around our cars and has earned my trust for just about anything on my car. I have seen his bodywork and paint which is great, my trans performs better than expected, he is extremely well versed in the mechanicals of these cars, and he's even in the midst of a frame-off resto on a T Type.

I have yet to meet a fellow car guy that does this for a living that was as nice and accomodating - and I have been in this hobby for 20 years.

Contact info:

Shawn O'Connor
Boost Junkie Racing
located in Clairton, PA
412-233-9538

shawn is the bomb!!! he has helped me and others in the turbo world. he has done my tranny as well as my motor. they are built strong like bull. he is an upstanding man that deserves as much notoriety as the other buick services on this board. this man will bend over backwards for you and wont let your car leave unless it is perfect. these cars are his hobby as well as his bread and butter. talk about dedicated just the other day he stayed up all night rebuilding his sisters motor in her gn then flatbedded it to the track the next morning all in one shot.

Boostjunkie Is The Man

Guys Take It From Me I Went Thru Entire Rebuild With Shawn And The Dude Lives For The Turbo Buick..... You Will Not Find A Person That Knows More And Also Has More Access To Parts And Expierence In The Buick Turbo... Oh And By The Way He Built My Tranny And It Kicks Azzzzzz...... Pittsburgh's Best Kept Secret On Buick Mechanics..... This Guy Was Working On These When Most Of Us Didnt Know What They Were. Hats Off For Shawn ... No One Else Will Touch My Car.....

I thought that guys name was Shawn Schier or something like that. There used to be a guy in Clairton dealing with GNs, and there can't be too many in Clairton.:confused:

turn up the boost baby!!!

Shawny shawn yeah thats my buddy i bought 2 87 gns from him and he redid the motor/trans nice honest guy who is dedicated to his wrk even if it means he has to stay the night in his garage and pull an all nighter my hat is off to him:D :D

Turbo Buicks are NOT his hobby, they are his passion. No one else understands these cars like he does. Shawn learned these cars the hard way, there was no TurboBuick.com, he broke em' and leaned how to fix them himself.

BOOSTJUNKIE RACING!!!!!!

Guys Take It From Me I Went Thru Entire Rebuild With Shawn And The Dude Lives For The Turbo Buick..... You Will Not Find A Person That Knows More And Also Has More Access To Parts And Expierence In The Buick Turbo... Oh And By The Way He Built My Tranny And It Kicks Azzzzzz...... Pittsburgh's Best Kept Secret On Buick Mechanics..... This Guy Was Working On These When Most Of Us Didnt Know What They Were. Hats Off For Shawn ... No One Else Will Touch My Car.....

hmmm

Attachments

• capslock.jpg
    capslock.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 215
i agree with all of the comments above been around a long time and always helped me when i needed it..should be getting his help here soon as well to get me going again!

So .... all this talk about Shawn. How do I contact him? Can't find an address or phone number? Is he even still doing his thing?

Regards To All,

Bob(by)

So .... all this talk about Shawn. How do I contact him? Can't find an address or phone number? Is he even still doing his thing?

Regards To All,

Bob(by)
Hello Bob not really taking any work at this time if you need any help over the phone PM me and I'll give you my number
Thanks Shawn