European GN?

eurog/n

other than the strange tail lights,it doesn't seem to have anything to set it apart from it's domestic brethren, the euro license plates wont fit, it's not right hand drive, i dunno sounds like a scam

good luck i hope it does pans out for you, i like seeing or hearing positive things happen, post the results have a nice day

yeah i am thinking that he should just part it out but i dont think he knows they are worth more that way. It is sad to think that we get more money for our cars that way. I think i will take your advice and not worry about it.

I can't read the SPID label but I don't think that car was exported to Europe but that rather somebody shipped a US model over to Europe and hung the export tail lamps on it to pass inspection. Here's a pic of those same taillamps that I used to sell back in the 80's. Yes they are the 81-83 coupe tail lamps with an amber turn signal. The reason I say it isn't legit is because it is missing some codes. You Canada guys know what I'm talking about. For example the Canada cars have the code Z49 and U19 for the 140KPH analog speedo. Even though this car has the U52 digital it is still missing the NN5 Export Emissions code and VE1 Europe export code. I think it is anyway as I can't tell because the SPID scan is to foggy. Plus it should have T84/T85 export headlamps to match those T90 tail lamps.

Attachments

• EXPORT 1.jpg
    EXPORT 1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 209
Nope. They've been discontinued since the early 90's. I keep my eye out on the European eBay sites but have never seen a set up at auction there. If tooling costs weren't so much I'd do the 84-87 style tail lamps with the amber turn signal.

I almost forgot. Another feature of the European Export GM cars are the mirrors. They are the folding type. Kind of like the cheapy mirrors from JC Whitney. I have a pic somewhere that I'll post of what they look like on a Regal.This GN has the fixed US sport mirrors. What's really weird is that there was also a Japan Export set of mirrors that mounted way forward on top of the fenders. Sorry I don't have a pic of a Regal with them on it.

I can't read the SPID label but I don't think that car was exported to Europe but that rather somebody shipped a US model over to Europe and hung the export tail lamps on it to pass inspection. Here's a pic of those same taillamps that I used to sell back in the 80's. Yes they are the 81-83 coupe tail lamps with an amber turn signal. The reason I say it isn't legit is because it is missing some codes. You Canada guys know what I'm talking about. For example the Canada cars have the code Z49 and U19 for the 140KPH analog speedo. Even though this car has the U52 digital it is still missing the NN5 Export Emissions code and VE1 Europe export code. I think it is anyway as I can't tell because the SPID scan is to foggy. Plus it should have T84/T85 export headlamps to match those T90 tail lamps.

I'm in agreement with Eric on this one. That car's no more European than I am. Somebody had their US GN shipped over there, and eventually it made its way back.