Engine trying to start but won't???

griz_83ho

Turning to everyone here for some more input in trouble shooting this issue. I just put motor back in car and hooked everything up, primed the pump, reinstalled cam sensor and fired the car. Car fired right up and ran for a min or two and then died. I turn the key over again and fuel pressure shoots up to 42lbs and then immediately starts going down to 20lbs and then to 0. I already put vice grips on the return line and fuel pressire dropped the same way. I replaced he lines to the tank to make sure they didn't leak. I installed new 120lb injectors from TT over the winter when I was going through the motor. Where would you guy start looking? As always input is appreciated

does the fuel psi drop as you try turn the engine over? or just bleed down immediately after you stop turning it over?

Starts immediately when trying to start motor. Shoots up to 42lbs once key is first turned over and then no matter if you are Turning the car over or not starts dropping.

So the car starts initially? Sounds like fuel pump. Id check the electrical to make sure the pump has consistent signal. Maybe jump it at the pigtail in the driver harness valve cover

Yeah initially Will fire and then in a matter of 10 seconds will eventually die. Then if you try to fire again immediately afterwords it tries to start but won't. Let it sit for 10 or 15 min and it fires again for 10 seconds or so. It's amazing how fast it drops fuel pressure

Electrical won't cause the pressure to drop like a rock. If there's no fuel on the ground, I'd check the hose on the fuel pump hangar inside the tank.

If an injector causes a leakdown that fast it'd probably hydrolock your engine. Or at least have one really soaking wet spark plug.

I'm asUming you used the correct high pressure hose in the tank that's rated for submersion (and quality clamps)?

My pressure drops off right away as soon as the electrical system tells the pump to stop. Before dropping the tank i was suggesting checking that the signal is sti there. If not definitely check things inside the tank

Appreciate all the input guys. When I get back home for the weekend I will give these things a shot. I'll keep everyone posted

Just got home from a week of traveling and the line on the pump in the tank is good, put a new billet adjustable regulator and made sure everything is sealed good and still does the same damn thing. I pulled the plugs on the drivers side and they are soaked as well as the oil looks kind of cloudy on the dip stick, thinking its full of fuel. Any other input is always appreciated.
Would the cam sensor being installed wrong cause this? Is so why did it fire originally and run for 30 seconds or so? Very confused

Just got home from a week of traveling and the line on the pump in the tank is good, put a new billet adjustable regulator and made sure everything is sealed good and still does the same damn thing. I pulled the plugs on the drivers side and they are soaked as well as the oil looks kind of cloudy on the dip stick, thinking its full of fuel. Any other input is always appreciated.
Would the cam sensor being installed wrong cause this? Is so why did it fire originally and run for 30 seconds or so? Very confused

You mentioned you installed 120 injectors... I take it they are low z. Is your ECM modded to drive them?

It's suppose to be, bought it from a board member. Any way to check and make sure it's whaf it was said to be?