engine swap this past weekend

spoolie

so...i spun the #1 main....this ****er screwed me bad on this car...."bucky" in jersey city, NJ....look out...im coming to nyc for vacation soon.

so i didnt have time for a rebuild since this is my daily. so i order a ATK engine with 3 yr unlimited mileage warranty. i tore it down and double checked the work, then installed it. the "birth certificate" shipped with engine was correct.

now the stumble is from 3 bad injectors and not from any sensor or adjustment.

2008-06-27001002.jpg

2008-06-27001003.jpg

2008-06-27001005.jpg

2008-06-27001001.jpg

2008-06-25001005.jpg

flame on...bash away.

Let me get this straight. YOU spun #1 main bearing and had 3 bad injectors, and its the previous owners fault?

Lets play the blame game... anybody?

How long have you had it?

BW

3 weeks....the ad said runs perfect, nothing wrong.

since i flew to nyc from nashville...ive replaced the ecu, engine, trans, seat/motor, harness, turbo, many sensors.....

but the car was perfect....whatever. engine started knocking 5 days after i got it...drove it maybe 40 miles total. i was wondering why he didnt want me to test drive it too long.

You might think about changing out the powermaster accumulator ball, its a factory defective part. It was never replaced under warranty.

Hate to see you blame the last owner when you wreck it because the brakes failed.

BW:eek:

You might think about changing out the powermaster accumulator ball, its a factory defective part. It was never replaced under warranty.

Hate to see you blame the last owner when you wreck it because the brakes failed.

BW:eek:

just pissed off...i could have spent a little more and got a good car...but **** it, i dump tons of cash into everything i own. and no worries i ordered the vac power brake kit last week...should be on this weekend.

Are you sure the injectors are bad? Can you put some air pressure to them one at a time, off the car, and then 12 volts to the 2 pins and see if they open, might just have some crud in them. If they don't flow tap them a little to see if they are stuck.
My car sat for a couple years and mine were stuck ( gas was drained when it was parked ) just put 12 volts to each one and tapped it and they were working again.
Tarey

Are you sure the injectors are bad? Can you put some air pressure to them one at a time, off the car, and then 12 volts to the 2 pins and see if they open, might just have some crud in them. If they don't flow tap them a little to see if they are stuck.
My car sat for a couple years and mine were stuck ( gas was drained when it was parked ) just put 12 volts to each one and tapped it and they were working again.
Tarey

when we had the engine apart...3 of them were destroyed on the bottom side. a closer look off the intake shows "vice grip" marks on the back side of them. as i take apart and fix...im finding more and more "hack jobs" done on this car...i just replaced the seat bracket/motors...the dip**** didnt even weld the floorpan mounts in the correct spots, had to redo that.

Looks like you're having a ***K of a time. PM me your name and address and I'll send you my stock injectors, on one condition. If you upgrade someday you send them back to me. I'll ship them out first thing in the morning in a 3 day box to you.
Tarey

That's so funny Jon. LMK when you in NY . I'll entertain you and your wife when you get here.

Lenny

lenny, dino, and other here have really helped out alot....and tell "bucky" about this money pit car. hopefully i will have it running correctly as soon as injectors get here....

Hope you keep that warranty handy and follow there exact proceedures. Let us know how you make out.