engine clatter sound

mytoy

Three weeks ago I dropped my boost back to 16 lbs. Put my 16-19 lbs TT chip in and the car ran fine. then I got a mass air flow code. Car would run fine at one start up then mess up the next time. I put a new maf on today now at hard take off I'm getting what sounds like spark knock or a clattering noise. S-M showing low knock. 1-1.5. thanks for any imput

Yeah I know not the smartest thing I've done but do you think that's whats causing my noise?

If it was running well before the MAF cade and replacement that is the first thing I would be looking at

Bryan

X2. My GM MAF was 17 years old and still alive then one day I decided my luck was likely to run out so I bought the LT-1 and translator. I can't say that I wasted $359 on it :D.

It seems alot of the parts store MAF's are calibrated wrong but wont throw a code. You may go through a dozen before you get one that works. Lots of people have made that mistake so you don't have to. Get a Translator and LT1 or LS1.

Knowledge is gained by learning from your own mistakes where wisdom comes from learning from the mistakes of others. I wish I had more wisdom, it's less costly. :)

I took the car out yesterday when it shifted into second I got 9.6 knock. I forgot to mention that stall was removed as well. Stock converter is back in.