Engine build suggestions

jays87gn

I’m going to rebuild my engine soon and decided to go with champion iron heads and ported intake. Which cam and other upgrades would you suggest. I was thinking about the Revolution X Roller cam kit 206/210 that full throttle sells also what other things should I get for the rebuild will the stock crank and rods be fine or should i replace them also. I’m looking to get into the low 11's.

Thanks for your input
Jason

I would go to gnttype.org and look at their performance recipes. You can reuse the stock crank, and probably rods. I would build the bottom end really strong with a girdle, and forged rods and pistons.

Stock rods, Crank is just fine for low 11s, Need to either consider center billet caps, or girdle to keep caps from flexing. I broke number 2 main when in the 11.50 range. Tune up accounts for how long hard parts stays together.

Roller Cam, and a very good set of pistons. Whatch out 10.9s.

You don't need a girdle for the low 11s. Just do a quality build on the bottom end with the billet center main caps. You must line hone the mains when you do this. At this level, stock rods are fine.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You don't need a girdle for the low 11s. Just do a quality build on the bottom end with the billet center main caps. You must line hone the mains when you do this. At this level, stock rods are fine.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Agreed. 2 ceter billit main caps, stock crank, stock rods. 70mm TB and ported plenum with an upgraded intercooler, alcohol and injectors to support will put you where you want to be. Also HR swaybar is a big deal. You'll runn 11's all day on 93. Make sure you have a good tranny to support the power. Check out CK performance, they are top of the line!!!!

Thanks for the input guys. What grind roller rocker should i go with? Not sure how to choose.

I have a 1.55 ratio, but I tried to keep it as "stock" as possible to keep it reliable. The stock engine's are bada$$, so I tried to keep that in mind with my build. I have a stock crank, girdle, $1200 custom made rods (they didn't make a stock sized forged rod when I built my short block), JE pistons. I built the bottom end for reliablility, and also to upgrade in the future. I agree with the other guys that you can use OEM rods, and Billet mains, But I have a salty taste in my mouth after I blew up an engine on the ride home from buying it (windowed the block), so I vowed never to do that again:)