ENGINE BAY PICS: Jaw Droppers

maybe thats because they are junk and dont last more then a few passes under full boost....:eek:
Ya Id like to know the Hack thats building your stuff as I have a BONE STOCK Turbo V6 in my car and went 11.29 at 27psi of boost no issues! LMAO at you, sorry if you know how to tune these things are a blast and haul the mail. And if you put heads and a cam in one along with an RJC Block Girdle your in the 10's or even low 9's with no issues.
Really no reason to cut one up and put another engine it. Look at what many have done on this board. I know people in my area that have been and go low 9's or faster with stock block cars some have strokers some have Stock stroke all have good heads big turbos and little mods done. Hell my best friend has an 86 GN stock block stock crank and rods with diamond pistons RJC girdle Champ heads 218 cam ported stock intake stock ECM car that last night went 9.34 in the 1/4 at 149mhp! Now you tell me that these engines blow up when pushed! Im sure others will also disagree here. lol Sorry just angers me to here this crap many are just young and its all LS or nothing now. Trust me My T will kick the poop out of your NA car any day and if you have a turbo come run my boys we are in Detroit waiting ;)

Also sorry for messing up the Pic thread guys I had to say some thing, My bad and hope Im not hated on here now

Ya Id like to know the Hack thats building your stuff as I have a BONE STOCK Turbo V6 in my car and went 11.29 at 27psi of boost no issues! LMAO at you, sorry if you know how to tune these things are a blast and haul the mail. And if you put heads and a cam in one along with an RJC Block Girdle your in the 10's or even low 9's with no issues.
Really no reason to cut one up and put another engine it. Look at what many have done on this board. I know people in my area that have been and go low 9's or faster with stock block cars some have strokers some have Stock stroke all have good heads big turbos and little mods done. Hell my best friend has an 86 GN stock block stock crank and rods with diamond pistons RJC girdle Champ heads 218 cam ported stock intake stock ECM car that last night went 9.34 in the 1/4 at 149mhp! Now you tell me that these engines blow up when pushed! Im sure others will also disagree here. lol Sorry just angers me to here this crap many are just young and its all LS or nothing now. Trust me My T will kick the poop out of your NA car any day and if you have a turbo come run my boys we are in Detroit waiting ;)

Also sorry for messing up the Pic thread guys I had to say some thing, My bad and hope Im not hated on here now
lmao..... ur right no one has issues with TR's and they last forever. do u write fairy tales for little kids to?:rolleyes:

lmao..... ur right no one has issues with TR's and they last forever. do u write fairy tales for little kids to?:rolleyes:
What ever I dont see it and have not seen it. Its all in the tuning. There are to many older people like my self that have had many of these cars and have gone fast reliably for all that time. Im sure many have had there issues. Its with any engine build if you have no clue what your doing you should not be doing it. Buy a GN Crate motor from one of the venders on this site and you will also be just fine as long as you tune it and watch your knock closely. I have friends with Fords and Chevys that still blow them up all the time because they either get greedy with Nitrous or boost or just plain didnt take there time with the build.
Like they say the devil is in the details ;)

no one. wasted enough money of Buicks. im goin 2011+ Mustang next go around. put a TVS blower on it and go low 10's and drive it every day with a stock tranny. dont get me wrong I love TR's but they are the most unrealiable cars in the history of the world.

those blocks are just not designed to handle any real HP for any amount of time unless you go SII or TA and have to spend $20k on the motor alone. 600 hp cars are the norm these days. a 600 hp TR has about the same life span as a butterfly.
Those new 5.0 motors are no joke.My buddy has one and is dumping his deployment money in a set of twins for it. They sound great too..but I always remind him(and he agrees) its no GN

Okay, I can't seem to find a post on this, so I figured I would start one. It seems there SHOULD be a topic where guys can post there engine bay pictures. I will certainly contribute to this thread with two GN's in the next 2 weeks, but maybe I can get a few last minute ideas from you guys. ;) Please post pics of your engine bay. :D
lets see one of the supra lol

Hey Fellas...
This is a thread about seeing pics of nice engines, not arguments, bickering, and schoolyard banter. Please keep it to pics only.

Thanks you.
Coach

still under construction
IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

Are those tits or eyes? Either way, I LOVE 'EM!!!!!!!!!!

Where did that DP come from? I want one

I started with a TR Customs plain 3.5" DP and then cut it all up to make this one with the external gate dumping back in downstream. It was a major project. In hind sight it probably would have been easier to build it from scratch.

hello; Very nice job on that engine bay. You say it's stock appering and it looks like that to me. Lets here more if it isn't.
IBBY

I saw Philly's car in 2010, at BPG, right after he did it. It really is a show piece. The detail work is really really nice. The rest of the car is as good as the engine bay.

Coach

Thanks for the kind coments guys! Lots of blood sweat and tears in that thing like them all! It really is like going back to 1986 when I drive that car. Had her out tonight was so nice to cruise it. With the Eagle GT tires spinning all over the place you even feel like your in 1986 again! lol

Thanks for the kind coments guys! Lots of blood sweat and tears in that thing like them all! It really is like going back to 1986 when I drive that car. Had her out tonight was so nice to cruise it. With the Eagle GT tires spinning all over the place you even feel like your in 1986 again! lol

Except one thing Jim...burnin' off Eagle GT's is a whole lot more expensive now then in 86'...lol

Shined up and ready for cruise night season...

Attachments

• Engine 1.JPG
    Engine 1.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 460
  • Engine 1.JPG
    Engine 1.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 440
A few more from the Hooters cruise night...

Attachments

• Engine3.JPG
    Engine3.JPG
    500.2 KB · Views: 411
  • Engine2.JPG
    Engine2.JPG
    506.4 KB · Views: 428