Emblems: Did anyone here see these on e-bay?

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but...

1.) Why would anyone want to put "GNX" emblems on a car that isn't a GNX? What's the difference between doing that and putting "Type R" stickers on your Honda?

2.) Why would anyone pay $305 to look stupid?

Just my $0.02

The Blob said:
Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but...

1.) Why would anyone want to put "GNX" emblems on a car that isn't a GNX? What's the difference between doing that and putting "Type R" stickers on your Honda?

2.) Why would anyone pay $305 to look stupid?
Don't sweat the small things. I'm certain most people put on more than just emblems. Lets face it though. If you have type 'R' emblems, suspension, rims, engine, etc., your car is a type 'R'. It may not have come from the factory that way and be numbered, but it is still a type 'R'. Same would hold true for a GNX. The only thing being different is the body tags. Question is how much more is one from the factory worth with a body tag vs. one assembled from OEM parts and wrecked ones around the country?

Bigglezworth said:
Don't sweat the small things. I'm certain most people put on more than just emblems. Lets face it though. If you have type 'R' emblems, suspension, rims, engine, etc., your car is a type 'R'. It may not have come from the factory that way and be numbered, but it is still a type 'R'. Same would hold true for a GNX. The only thing being different is the body tags. Question is how much more is one from the factory worth with a body tag vs. one assembled from OEM parts and wrecked ones around the country?
???????????????How can you even compare a Fake with the real deal? Just because someone put emblems on and some of the same parts from a real GNX does not make his car equal to a real GNX. :confused: :confused:

thats all they did when they made the gnx. they took a bone stock gn and did some suspension work. changed the turbo, gauges and chip and slapped gnx emblems. big deal. there are tons of people that have gns that would destroy a real gnx. it looks cool. its just like having a malibu chevelle and putting on ss stripes it looks cool who gives a **** if it isnt correct. its your car and its what you like. i bought gnx emblems to put on my gn. i was going to do the suspension kit and all but i realized when i am done i am still driving a regal that is all they are regals and i finaslly realized i need to stop dumping money into the car and buy a real performance vehicle. CORVETTE!

GNX 233 said:
???????????????How can you even compare a Fake with the real deal? Just because someone put emblems on and some of the same parts from a real GNX does not make his car equal to a real GNX. :confused: :confused:

don't be mad because you paid way too much for you high 13 second gnxs, wer people have way faster ones that look just as good if not better and can drive them around no worring if someone will scratch their overpriced gnx. sell them all and buy a vette. one ride in a c5 or 6 and you will hand the keys to your regals to a guy on the side of the road.

mikeyz said:
don't be mad because you paid way too much for you high 13 second gnxs, wer people have way faster ones that look just as good if not better and can drive them around no worring if someone will scratch their overpriced gnx. sell them all and buy a vette. one ride in a c5 or 6 and you will hand the keys to your regals to a guy on the side of the road.
You are incorrect, I have a 72 vette now, owned a 1990 and a 1999 and a Z06 and would never trade a GNX for any one of those.

They were low 13 second cars out of the box. Not high 13's. And that's the bottom line.

all haters, wishing they had a GNX (above comments).. i'm hoping one day of owning one myself.. even if they only ran mid 13's :biggrin: ...

Why would anyone want to put "GNX" emblems on a car that isn't a GNX?

Is that a serious question?

Same reason there are thousands of other clones...

GS
GSX
SS
R/T
AAR Cuda
and on and on...

I don't like clones myself, but I have nothing against them, or the people who make them.

When it comes down to it, they are all just Buick REGALS.

when anybody can can get a 9sec gn that gets 20mpg average and dosen't body roll like crazy let me know. i stick to the vette, it drives and looks and handles way better. you can keep your regals and in fact give me a call and ill give you a killer deal on my gn. 267-242-3042

mikeyz said:
when anybody can can get a 9sec gn that gets 20mpg average and dosen't body roll like crazy let me know.

It can be done. All it takes is money...money that the vette owner already paid for when they purchased it.

mikeyz said:
when anybody can can get a 9sec gn that gets 20mpg average and dosen't body roll like crazy let me know. i stick to the vette, it drives and looks and handles way better. you can keep your regals

can you pass some of that crack you are smoking :rolleyes: .. you are taking about 2 different types of cars man.. $75K new Z06 Vs a $13K avg, 19 year old car.. i'm not even going to start on the displacement difference between motors. to make a vette go 9's, it's way more $$ then it would take a GN trust me. have fun paying your HIGH insurance rates and nice large car payments...