Elizabeth Smart...Found alive!!!

...I'm pretty sure that the odds were more like even money...

Lets see: good mormon girl vanishes, and 9 months later she simply shows up less than 5 miles from home (also less than 5 miles from MY home), and little sister suddenly has a flashback...:rolleyes:

Sorry if I sound cynical, but quite a few people around here have a feeling a certain mormon family arranged to have a certain child disappear to avoid an embarrassing situation. I've seen similar situations happen before around these parts....

Really, honestly, I hope I'm wrong, and I'm glad they've found her regardless.

What can you possibly mean by an "embarrassing situation?" I hope I'm wrong, but if it is what I think it is, I wouldn't be surprised. I teach 7th and 8th grade in an upper-middle class school district and have a pretty 'good' picture, but hope I'm wrong as well. Shoot me an email if you want.

M

Originally posted by Demon
What can you possibly mean by an "embarrassing situation?" I hope I'm wrong, but if it is what I think it is, I wouldn't be surprised. I teach 7th and 8th grade in an upper-middle class school district and have a pretty 'good' picture, but hope I'm wrong as well. Shoot me an email if you want.

M

You know, like back in the old days they would send "bad" girls away for 9 mos, until everything was better. I agree Kevin, it is a very strange case, with many questions remaining. I hope your wrong about that too. Talk about a crappy thing to do to the country.

I've been catching bits & pieces of the local news, and many of the locals being interviewed feel the same way I do. Do you know she was wearing a wig when they found her, and suspect she's been right here in the Salt Lake area the whole time? whoo boy...

No I hadnt heard anything about the wig, etc. You surely are in a much better position than I to hear the real scoop on this thing. Nevertheless, its great that she is safe, these things hardly ever turn out this way. Hope everything is on the up and up, or that father and anyone in on something like that need to see some time. This whole country has been looking for that girl for almost a year. At least she is home now.

these things hardly ever turn out this way.

except this sounds like something different than "these things":( It'll all come out, right wrong or indifferent. Drew

I wouldn't be too quick to blame her. She was being held captive by a psychotic freak and his equally freaky wife.

I'd put the blame on Utah's keystone kops. I guess I can't blame them, though, not enough crimes to get good at being police (other than polygamy).

Hmmm - did you see the ONE picture of here when she was found. They still seem to show the old pictures of her on the news - occasionally they are showing the picture from yesterday - looks like she put on about 15 pounds.

Hmmmmmm........

Yeah - get kidnapped by psychotic freak, and he feeds you so well you put on weight in 9 months when she was so skinny before....

The story is a good lesson to bleeding heart liberals. Bringing "homeless" people to your house is NOT a good I dea.

If her mom had told Emmauel to "get a Job!" rather than offering him one, this whole ugly situation could have been avoided.

Originally posted by UNGN
If her mom had told Emmauel to "get a Job!" rather than offering him one, this whole ugly situation could have been avoided.

Perhaps she did offer him one. One that lasted for 9 months.

Odd how the trio evaded searchers for so many months and suddenly reappear, walking casually down a street so close to her home. If the sightings in San Diego bear truth, the real story is in California. It will come out, in time.

Maybe the black helicopters came and picked her up in the middle
of the night so the government could harvest her alien spawn.
Or better yet she is Bin Laden after plastic surgery. He has escaped and is a white morman girl in utah. The last place people would look for him.

Give me a break, some people should stop reading the tabloids!

Later I have to go look for big foot.

To be serious, she did gain weight, I wonder if that freak
knocked her up???

If the parents really wanted to get rid of a pregnancy
there are much easier ways of doing things.
Why would they have theri pricness with homeless trash?

You guys are nuts. I hope noone ever takes one of your kids.

You don't think the police already tried to pin it on the parents? Any rumors still floating around from those failed attempts to pin it on innocent people are still clouding peoples judgements.

The Guy is a Kook, with a capital K. Every member of his family that has been interviewed says he's a kook, too.

Paying a kook to Abduct your kid? What are you smoking? :rolleyes:

this case is not gonna be cut and dry like was first thought yesterday. People aren't telling the truth. Things don't add up. Just like in the Ramsey girl case, the truth is being hidden by the parents. This isn't some Disney movie and everybody lives happily ever after.