electrical problem

turbo_tomas

Door locks open an close on their own and battery drains in a matter of hours. Any ideas on what the electrical problem may be?:confused:

If it happens in that short of time, something is getting hot. Check the alternator and delay relay for excessive heat (warmer than everything else in the car) and you'll find the culprit.

On one of my old cars I had that problem.It was the shaft that went on the door lock cylinder.When it was not line up properly it would make the locks open and close, and kill the battery quick. I'm not a hundred percent sure but I think it was the power door lock striker.Maybe, pull a fuse for the power door locks to see if the battery dies,if it don't then theres your problem.

Might check the power door lock relay located behind the passenger side kick panel. Might be a bad connection or might be one of the door open/close buttons stuck.

+1 on pulling the fuse for the power door lock fuse to see if you can narrow it down.

Steve

Might check the power door lock relay located behind the passenger side kick panel. Might be a bad connection or might be one of the door open/close buttons stuck.

+1 on pulling the fuse for the power door lock fuse to see if you can narrow it down.

Steve

x2 and you could have a lock switch sticking ion the lock or unlock position..