Electric fan options

lyonsd

I need a new electric fan. What fans are available that will pull in a large volume of air as well as work with Casper's hi-low switch?

I currently have the Ramchargers dual fan and one of them is dead.

Those are both the same fans as his failed fan.
After going through 2 sets myself, I don't suggest going that route.
I found a junkyard dual fan from a 98 Cutlass - alsmost identical dimensions to the "Ramchargers" unit. It cools just as well, but I haven't had it on the car long enough to report it's long-term reliability. (only 3 months).

Some have reported that a fan from a 3.8 liter mid 90's Taurus works very well. It's a single, and I will try that next if my current fan fails.

Of course you could do the dual Spal and likely be done with it.

Those are both the same fans as his failed fan.
After going through 2 sets myself, I don't suggest going that route.
I found a junkyard dual fan from a 98 Cutlass - alsmost identical dimensions to the "Ramchargers" unit. It cools just as well, but I haven't had it on the car long enough to report it's long-term reliability. (only 3 months).

Some have reported that a fan from a 3.8 liter mid 90's Taurus works very well. It's a single, and I will try that next if my current fan fails.

Of course you could do the dual Spal and likely be done with it.
the two link i posted are same fans, one has dual relay and harness option. mine have been working fine for over 2 years now

$99.00 it's hard to complain if you get 2 or 3 years out of them.
Wasn't some one selling just the fan motors on e-bay dirt cheap???
I remember reading a post about it.

fans

Hi,
The stocker is of very high quality, and pulls a lot of air.Dual fans are better, though.My TTA runs as cool as can be in 90 degree heat with those factory twins.I had the occasion to pull the fan motor apart on my Cherokee(all 87 gn stuff installed).It has a stock GN fan assembly. Anyway, it started making noise, so I pulled it, thinking of replacement.I was amazed that it was serviceable, as most aren't. So anyway, the magnets had delaminated, so I cleaned up the motor body and magnets, got the JBWELD out,and glued them back in place. The motor has ball bearings front and rear,and a wonderful axial slip ring and brush assembly. I was impressed. You won't find a higher quality motor than the stocker.
If you desire dual fans, go to the salvage yard and have a look.There are so many possibilities.My friend Jerryl is running a dual unit from an 96 Nissan Altima,for instance.Look,and ye shall find!