Electric Exhaust Cutout

so does any of those companies have one for sale..or are they all still in the r&d stages?

I have one from McCord. I've had some small problems with it already and had to do some repairs. It also leaks like mad when closed. I've gotten some tips from the manufacturer on how to fix this, but haven't been able to try it yet. Seems to me that if it's so easy to do, why doesn't he manufacture them that way?

All these suppliers have them for sale. Turbo T Wannabe do you have version 2 or the older version1. I heard there were alot of problems with the older version. Version 2 is suppose to work well. The F-body guys on LS1.com have bought roughly 70 of them on a group purchase and they seem to like the MPP2. I would like to hear more about whats going on with your unit.

I have version 2, as I just bought it about a month ago. It worked well at first, but then stopped working after 3 days. I pulled it apart and found that a pin had worked loose that connects the motor shaft to the shaft on the plate. No big deal, easy fix.

Ever since I installed it, it has leaked though. When the plate is closed all the way, it leaks around the stops - the aluminum flange that plate closes against. I emailed Keith about it and he said to put a resistor in the power line somewhere and that way you could put more force on the plate when closing without having to worry about damaging the gears in the motor. He also suggested to put a thin bead of red RTV all around the stops. Haven't tried it yet, but hope it works.

If I can kill the exhaust leak, I'll love this thing. It's nice to be able to switch from open to close when cruising around.

cutout

I have the borlaplate brand installed on my TTA, no leakage and no mechanical or electric problems so far