EGR Valve Removal

l3lue

Going to be removing my EGR Valve, do you know what size bolt it is? The cover I got does not come with the bolt, can I just reuse the stock one? Doesn't appear I could get a socket on it, do you just use a wrench? Thanks. I was going to remove then Black RTV it.

It's an 8mm bolt. On my intake manifold bolt kit I include a 25mm bolt for that location. I don't know how thick your block off plate is, so you might need to alter that length accordingly.

How do you get to the bolt under diaphragm? Crows foot?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I can't seem to get under there guess need to go buy a set of crows feet

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ok I got it off, was a little tight but was able to get it, --- Should I replace the factory nut and stud or is that ok to use?

Take it to Fastenal and have them match it up to one made out of Unobtainium. Much more durable and heat resistant.

Ok I got it off, was a little tight but was able to get it, --- Should I replace the factory nut and stud or is that ok to use?

It's fine. It's just ugly.

You'll most likely find those goofy plates don't seal all that well anyway.

If you're more worried about performance than looks, use the stock hold down clamp and squeeze the ends together so they push down on the middle of that plate. That should increase your odds.