EGR block off plates...

hello people; What I've seen here was someone using the stock valve and clamp but just cut the valve up a bit so it's not that present. It was low and looked good to me. I think if you retained the stock clamping set up it will seal the best with what ever gasket you come up with.
IBBY

The stock clamp will seal the aftermarket plates better, it's just ugly.

Just depends on if you're a 'form' or 'function' kinda person.

I put mine on metal to metak No leaks been in for 3 years

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

On a stock manifold, there's room at the top for a pair of 1/4"-20 bolts to be tapped...

100_1678s.jpg

On a stock manifold, there's room at the top for a pair of 1/4"-20 bolts to be tapped...

That's what I was going to do with my intake before I realized I could put brass pipe plugs in it without having to build a plate. I'm amazed there's room for 1/4-20's though. That's got to be a tight fit!

The op's car is a hot air...the egr block off plate can be purchased from champion racing, or can be home made out of any piece of 1/4 plate steel. The hot airs utilize two bolts to retain the egr valve and/or the block off plate. The back of the intake would still need addressed if making your block off plate at home. If you take the stock egr tube, cut a section of it and flatten it, then cut a round disc out of the flattened piece, that can be placed behind the nut(that you would have loose from cutting the tube) with a little high temp rtv, and it will seal fine.

I made one and just put the egr valve on top so it looks stock but blocked off

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app