ECM

mr84ss

Hey guys i was having weird issues with my GN like it would idle real high after it warmed up, the fans would come on around 110 and never cut off until i shut the car off, the scan master temps were bouncing all over the place ex: 160, 110,-29 etc. I usually warm the car up and disconnect the battery afterwards. This time i forgot to and the next day when i warmed up the car, everything was normal. Fans came on/167 around
off/162, idle good and scan master temp #s were normal. Do the ecm have a relearning period everytime you unhook the battery?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

If it's a TT chip you will lose all user altered tuning and return to the default tune settings.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had to relearn the base tune.

I think thats what happened. I didnt know that would happen by keep unhooking the battery. Thanks for the info

Its a project car that im trying to get back running correctly after buying it from a guy who let it sit for years. So out of habit i always take the negative cable loose until i crank it every 2/3 weeks

Also recently the old battery crapped out so i had to unhook both cables to replace it