ECM Wire loose/car constant miss at idle?

KCODE

My car has a constant miss/pop at idle. All scanmaster # are good. I've changed plugs, wires, o2sensor and coil pack. I have a wire that came out of the ECM harness; that I pushed back in. Would this cause this problem. Picture of the wire is attached. Can this cause this problem are should I be looking at something else?

Attachments

• IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
Green wire won't cause your miss. Why did that terminal come loose from the connector? They're nearly impossible to fall out once they're properly seated.

You might have other issues being as the ECM connector is losing terminals. It's not uncommon that the ECM connectors fail due to lack of tension on the spring end of each terminal. I have seen multiple failures of the ECM - and - the CCCI connectors.

Green wire won't cause your miss. Why did that terminal come loose from the connector? They're nearly impossible to fall out once they're properly seated.

You might have other issues being as the ECM connector is losing terminals. It's not uncommon that the ECM connectors fail due to lack of tension on the spring end of each terminal. I have seen multiple failures of the ECM - and - the CCCI connectors.
I checked the other connections seems to be no issues. I may just replace with connectors from Casper electronics.

My car has a constant miss/pop at idle. All scanmaster # are good. I've changed plugs, wires, o2sensor and coil pack. I have a wire that came out of the ECM harness; that I pushed back in. Would this cause this problem. Picture of the wire is attached. Can this cause this problem are should I be looking at something else?

The GRN wire is for injector #4, while the BRN wire next to it that is also pulling out is for injector #3. So I'd say that yes, that could cause the misfiring. If anything the little retaining tab on those terminals need to be straighten, then re-installed into the connector.

Here is a how-to on R&R'ing those terminals from the shells:

http://dynamicefi.com/RePinHowTo.php

RemoveBeforeFlight

The GRN wire is for injector #4, while the BRN wire next to it that is also pulling out is for injector #3. So I'd say that yes, that could cause the misfiring. If anything the little retaining tab on those terminals need to be straighten, then re-installed into the connector.

Here is a how-to on R&R'ing those terminals from the shells:

http://dynamicefi.com/RePinHowTo.php

RemoveBeforeFlight
Thanks that some solid input.

Here are a few common ailments that don't get properly described:

• If the injector wire doesn't make the connection, it would cause a stumble, not a misfire.
  • A misfire is generally the absence of spark.
  • A bog is usually improper fuel/air ratio.
  • When the engine doesn't "crank", it means the starter does not turn the engine.

Here are a few common ailments that don't get properly described:

• If the injector wire doesn't make the connection, it would cause a stumble, not a misfire.
  • A misfire is generally the absence of spark.
  • A bog is usually improper fuel/air ratio.
  • When the engine doesn't "crank", it means the starter does not turn the engine.
Thanks again.