ebay find: '80 4bbl Carb

4th fun!

My little fun last night... I really need posi:biggrin: Video is on my YouTube.

1000895k.jpg

1000896z.jpg

Great burnouts! the '78 Sounds really good, Love the fireworks in the background lol

Adam: Thanks:biggrin:

Matt: Why is that? You got that thing for dirt cheap:biggrin:

Well I have a whole engine basically, other than the turbo, up/down pipes and the heads that I jacked off it. I have the intake with EGR(idk if it works or not), cold air side of the turbo with the connector, cam and cranks sensors, waste-gate solenoid(but I think its broken), some random brackets that I could never figure out where they went to:biggrin: I have the block with all the internals and 20 bolt oil pan. I have the heads off my '79 turbo block(they have been machined), the turbo and alt from it... that`s off the top of my head, might be more laying around.

Adam: Thanks:biggrin:

Matt: Why is that? You got that thing for dirt cheap:biggrin:

Well I have a whole engine basically, other than the turbo, up/down pipes and the heads that I jacked off it. I have the intake with EGR(idk if it works or not), cold air side of the turbo with the connector, cam and cranks sensors, waste-gate solenoid(but I think its broken), some random brackets that I could never figure out where they went to:biggrin: I have the block with all the internals and 20 bolt oil pan. I have the heads off my '79 turbo block(they have been machined), the turbo and alt from it... that`s off the top of my head, might be more laying around.

pm sent

ok help me out here, why does it show as having electronic hook ups? i thought GM didnt use CCC stuff till 81 and after?

someone clue me in.

That's for californication emissions, not Federal. They used the CCC system first there and it's the same as the 81 federal carbs. It's not for a NON ccc car.

What`s the best carb to use, computer or non? I like the idea of not having to deal with a computer, but dose spark control really make much of a difference? From what I`v read on Rich`s site, its just more of a backup or a just in case thing and isn't necessary.

It depends on what you're trying to do Jase. I want to have both systems so I can do some experimenting and see which one works best overall. The lack of puter controls on the carb is really the only difference but it boils down to reaction time of the systems.

Well, I just want to get one period:biggrin: But I imagine the computer ones would have a better reaction time than non... but I could be wrong, who knows.

With a 1983 CCC, you can use the peizo knock sensor like the SFI engines. I assume that is better than the accelerometer used in 1978/82. I'm likely going to use a 1983 CCC set up in my '82 GN.

With a 1983 CCC, you can use the peizo knock sensor like the SFI engines. I assume that is better than the accelerometer used in 1978/82. I'm likely going to use a 1983 CCC set up in my '82 GN.

Nice:biggrin: Thanks for the info Rich, I didn't know that.

This is exactly why I started the ebay post Jase. Bring itback up and post the engine there.

Expensive but great motor thats almost like my engine before i put the turbo on it. i still think my engine has something wrong with it it has no to little bottom end power. jase your on my old setup and i couldnt even do a burnout on the old setup. i think it was the cam. i have lots of mid and topend power now but no bottom end any ideas why.