Eagle 4340 FORGED STEEL CRANKSHAFTS (Lowered Price)

see i could have got that cat crank for 300.00 and saved 200.00 if i wanted a cat??? i thought i was getting an eagle and payed 75.00 more due to your new lowered price 2 days after i sent the money order.. i didnt even get my crank and it WAS 75.00 cheaper ?? and no mention of this in our conversation.. the more i think about it the more pissed i get.. i asked if it was an eagle crank and not a cat you said it was an eagle.. i really could care less at this point if it came from the same place, the ore was dug from the same hole, i still feel cheated!! thats like saying oil's oil and it all came from the same place.. why is there like a trillian brands?? people buy what they are comfortable with the NAME, same stuff or not!! IMO its like saying somthing gold plated is real solid gold.. so i over payed for somthing i could have gotten anywhere cheaper even from you?? if its the same crank why is the eagle 38lbs and the cat 46lbs ??

wow

I dont like this thread. Some of you seem pretty upset. Just to let you all know, these cranks are just like when I found out about forged h- beam rods for my small block chevy. Scat sells them,eagle sells them, cat sells them,and another company sells them and they have a panther on them :redface: they are all the same forgings, made in CHINA> :eek: the only difference is the final prepp. and price. Good luck on this issue. P.S. I actually broke a scat rod, had one replaced, it was a cat! :rolleyes:

i understand them being the same.. but if you ordered scat rods at a scat price and got a set of cat rods at a scat price you would be pissed off.. i wanted an eagle crank i ordered and eagle crank and got a cat?? i could have purchesed a cat on e-bay 300.00 or full thottle 379.00 not the 500.00 i paid.. i paid for an eagle crank thats not what i got.. thats my point not that 1 is as good as the other, that i paid for somthing and its not what i got!!

One less issue to deal with.

I almost bought a crank from him before I found and bought rotating assembly from a guy named John in Pittsburgh, and now after reading this, Im glad I didnt, because as we all know, there are always a bunch of unforseen problems when building a motor (Ive had a bunch) and the last thing anyone needs is to be and feel cheated in this way. I have a tendecy to trust the TurboBuick guys a lot more than most, but posts like this have made me realize to be more careful in the future. :( .

Just looked at mine and its a Cat crank (CKS-231). When I purcahased it for $425.00 plus shipping and insurance I was told it was an Eagle Crank also. Fred seemed like a good guy on the phone but like I said I was told it was an Eagle crank and it is not. I would like some answers please Fred. I don't know maybe I can't see but I believe if you look back at your Post it says and I quote Eagle 4340 FORGED STEEL CRANKSHAFTS (Lowered Price). Now whats up? The crank I purchased is still in the box and plastic it came in and I need some answers. I'm payed $425.00 plus sipping for an Eagle crank not for a CAT crank. I don't like the post that was made by Fred that says if you wanted a Eagle crank you should have bought one from them directly. Thats what I was told I was getting. I call bull****! Thank You Michael Shields 336-682-3232

poor notch said:
i understand them being the same.. but if you ordered scat rods at a scat price and got a set of cat rods at a scat price you would be pissed off.. i wanted an eagle crank i ordered and eagle crank and got a cat?? i could have purchesed a cat on e-bay 300.00 or full thottle 379.00 not the 500.00 i paid.. i paid for an eagle crank thats not what i got.. thats my point not that 1 is as good as the other, that i paid for somthing and its not what i got!!
Yes, I understand that. I'm sure your upset, and I dont blaim you buddy. Good luck. :cool:

I just got off the phone from the supplier I"ve been getting the cranks from"

Large aftermarket warehouse(race parts) where i' get the cranks sells Cat & Eagle, & Scat products (plus a ton of other manufactures) In the beginning last year i 've purchased a few cranks here & there, sold them on the board, The Rep told me these were Eagle Cranks, so i've been selling them as such, ordering them & getting invoiced w/same part #, I"ve only have opened 3 cranks up out of the box & there were no identifying marks saying anything-but being the reputable Distributor they were & having no problems on this board for 6 months until now ,I assumed I had the correct description in my postings.
I"ve had people like "benoitthegr8" re-enforce to me they were a Eagle Crank, as well as my machinest-so when I received lower prices, I would copy/paste my past description w/the new lower price

After talking to the Distributor this morning I was told they were Made for Eagle

If I misleaded anyone-it was unintentional!!!

About the pricing- my pricing discount changed based on monthly volume
For example : I purchased 5 cranks for $$$, next time they were$$$, if pricing went up or down-then I would adjust accordingly.
Also these cranks started @ MRSP $772, then the market started to get flooded & has driven the price down

The last crank I had & sold I paid alot higher price than I can get now

My sincere apology to those I offended or un-intentionally misleaded- especially when I said:
"If you want a so called Eagle-then you need to order them directly from Eagle" (thats what happens when the wife gets you angry & bitches when your responding to emails/postings)

From here on out, either
1. I won't sell them anymore, because I don't know the truth(only what the distributor tells me}
2. Still sell them & re-phrase Heading as Eagle/Cat or just 4340 Steel Forged

Please understand that my dealings on this board since Day 1 has been Honest & Sincere & have made it a point to maintain great creditabiliy & feedback!
Sincerely,
FRED
turbobuick2@yahoo.com

4340 crank

I would recommended opening the box,inspect crank for markings of eagle,cat or scat etc, before making post.just my 2 cents. :)

tbirdv6 said:
I just got off the phone from the supplier I"ve been getting the cranks from"

From here on out, either
1. I won't sell them anymore, because I don't know the truth(only what the distributor tells me}
2. Still sell them & re-phrase Heading as Eagle/Cat or just 4340 Steel Forged

Fred,
Maybe I can help clear this up. Eagle has NEVER shiped a crank in anything other than a White box with blue lettering on it that has their logo and name.
If you did not get that you did not sell an "eagle crank". CKS-231 is a Cat crank, that is their part number. 423134005967 is the Eagle part number.
Mike

Mine came in a brown cardboard box and it does not say Eagle. And to 87buickracer I have opened the box and I can acutally see through the clear plastic wrapper CKS-231 on the crank shaft without opening the plastic (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) and thats my 2 cents to you. Now being that said I don't want my money back I just want what I paid for Fred. I posted my phone number and I'm expecting a call. I don't want anything more or less than what I paid for. I truly think your an honest man and I would like to talk to you in person again. I don't like posting here for Tom, Dick, and Nosey. Thanks Michael Shields 336-682-3232

Mine has a picture of a panther on it and CKS-231 and says Cal or Gal AUTO TRANSPEED. Ordered it from full throttle. Packaging was absolutely terrible. The Journals had come throught the box at some point and there was no packaging at all what so ever. Just wrapped in plastic. So what crank is this. CAT?

Sorry, 87buickracer did'nt mean to be a smartass thought you were referring to me. Was little POed at the time. Fred did call me. I'll give him the benifit of the doubt that he did'nt know, I like to think the best of people. He said if there were any problem with the Crank he would replace it. I'm sure that they are all forged at the same place in China. Hell, you can't anyone to do anything here unless you pay them a furtune unless their Spanish thats just how it is like it or not. Now if this was knowingly done then if he can live with it I can live without it. I'm done beating this dog. Not worth my time. And always remember what go around comes around. ;)

Time for an update. So who now has the most affordable forged cranks goin' these days. All I see are stroker kits. I don't need a stroker. If I wanted more displacement, I'd build a 4.1 block up, and stroke that.

Anyone?