Eagle 4340 FORGED STEEL CRANKSHAFTS (Lowered Price)

We have cranks at a good price, biggest issue with the 4.1 is that there is no off the shelf piston for that one so the cost goes up for a custom piston order. If you need some help or have questions I will try to help
Mike

If we don't have a crank in the building they can be drop shiped to you same day from the the manufaturer. We have sold a few lately and not always had one here. If you want one let us know it will be on the way to you the same or next day.
Mike

Yep; this is old; but looks like it’s come back to life.

I was at a meeting earlier this year with a guy from US Steel. We talked a little about how the Chinese had just about cornered the steel market; and how they did it.

Seems it’s a combination of; new factories, state of the art manufacturing process, and lowest price product. Couple low price with a usually superior product; and it’s hard not to go with the imports.

Handgun builders have for years been getting frames and raw billet from China. A couple of the nicest 45’s I’ve shot had Norinco brands on them.

In the 70’s; no one wanted a Zenith stereo; for a number of reasons. RCA wasn’t too popular either. If you wanted a good stereo or TV; you got it from Japan.

Now for getting what you paid for; you might have gotten what was the same on the inside of the box; but not what was on the outside. Usually the only advantage for paying for a nicer box is getting a better guarantee. I can’t look up what they were 3 years ago; but I’d have expected the Eagle to have a little better guarantee than the Cat.

.....if its the same crank why is the eagle 38lbs and the cat 46lbs ??

I don’t know. Has anyone else weighed one? The only thing I have is what I was told was a TA stroker crank (came in an engine that I bought; and it doesn’t have the same number as in the TA book on it). It weighs in at 44.2 pounds.

Yep; this is old; but looks like it’s come back to life.

I was at a meeting earlier this year with a guy from US Steel. We talked a little about how the Chinese had just about cornered the steel market; and how they did it.

Seems it’s a combination of; new factories, state of the art manufacturing process, and lowest price product. Couple low price with a usually superior product; and it’s hard not to go with the imports.

Handgun builders have for years been getting frames and raw billet from China. A couple of the nicest 45’s I’ve shot had Norinco brands on them.

In the 70’s; no one wanted a Zenith stereo; for a number of reasons. RCA wasn’t too popular either. If you wanted a good stereo or TV; you got it from Japan.

Now for getting what you paid for; you might have gotten what was the same on the inside of the box; but not what was on the outside. Usually the only advantage for paying for a nicer box is getting a better guarantee. I can’t look up what they were 3 years ago; but I’d have expected the Eagle to have a little better guarantee than the Cat.

I don’t know. Has anyone else weighed one? The only thing I have is what I was told was a TA stroker crank (came in an engine that I bought; and it doesn’t have the same number as in the TA book on it). It weighs in at 44.2 pounds.

+1!!! this was super obvious on Pontiac V8 cranks! the chinese were just better!

A.j.