E85 users: post your a/f ratio, boost, timing, power level

Not like you. I was not having traction issues. I was using twice the amount of boost to launch and still not able to 60ft like I did with the 3500 stall 10". The slippage with the PTC was great and the MPH was up 5mph at the same boost level. I will try another after I get some testing time with my new combo.

Not like you. I was not having traction issues. I was using twice the amount of boost to launch and still not able to 60ft like I did with the 3500 stall 10". The slippage with the PTC was great and the MPH was up 5mph at the same boost level. I will try another after I get some testing time with my new combo.

Actually traction wasn't the issue, it was bogging down bad.

Very frustrated with my car after tonights outing. 10.4@133 with a 1.7 60' with brand new slicks. The converter seems to be coupling on the 2 step and the car bogs down until about 100' out. Then the shift drops are taking me under my powerband. It was 96 degrees and 90% humidity tonight but still, car just ain't working. Good news is I made it to 30 psi on the corn. I leaned it out and added fuel back to back and still trying to figure what it likes....im still at a loss. Wasted track outing imo tonight:mad: made 5 passes and no broken parts...that's about the only plus.

Kevin, what stall did Dusty spec for you?

Bryan

Kevin, what stall did Dusty spec for you?

Bryan

I got this used from Jason (jasmaz) so I'm not sure. It spools fast though. It's just my little 234" engine is struggling a little. She needs to be shifted at 6500 and stay above 5700.

I got this used from Jason (jasmaz) so I'm not sure. It spools fast though. It's just my little 234" engine is struggling a little. She needs to be shifted at 6500 and stay above 5700.

The reason I asked is that my motor had a meltdown, and if my converter will help you out you are welcome to try it out. I am sure I am down for the season...again.

Bryan

11.2@120
track elevation 3150ft
race weight 3650
boost 20-21
timing 23/21
Inj DC 80-85
Wideband not reading correct that day, around 10.0-10.8af on gas scale
02 volts .780
shift rpms 5550 no converter lockup this run
This is a street tune, with no changes to TT chip
Alky kit was on but turned way down. There is more in it but I prefer to cruise the streets not the track.

11.2@120
track elevation 3150ft
race weight 3650
boost 20-21
timing 23/21
Inj DC 80-85
Wideband not reading correct that day, around 10.0-10.8af on gas scale
02 volts .780
shift rpms 5550 no converter lockup this run
This is a street tune, with no changes to TT chip
Alky kit was on but turned way down. There is more in it but I prefer to cruise the streets not the track.

What fuel system mods have you made? (lines, rail)

stock lines with all rear tank rubber changed to e85 compatable stuff
stock filter for now. may upgrade later
83lb inj, single xp pump hotwired. Tank wiring upgraded also

10.20 @ 137.75
234" gn1 heads
3650 lbs with driver
Wounded engine band-aided with a 100 shot of n2o.
11.1 af on gas scale, 20 degrees of timing.
I have the mph for a 9 sec slip, just need to get a few things figured out.

This is on pump e85 that tests in the 88% area.

1655kg is one heavy car hey.

Ours with me in it would be 1435kg.

220kg difference. Now I understand the difference in times.

We are hoping to go 9s too next time out with a little more boost.

Its a series II I think. We have just fitted a stud kit, diamond pistons and L32 conrods to it. Stock heads and an Aussie inlet manifold.

We call them an Ecotec here, they dont really stipulate a series.

Its a series II I think. We have just fitted a stud kit, diamond pistons and L32 conrods to it. Stock heads and an Aussie inlet manifold.

We call them an Ecotec here, they dont really stipulate a series.

Yes looks a little something like this. Justin explained to me you guys call them Ecotec. That would be a series 3 L36 here. I have a Holden intake on the way to the states been in transit for about 4 weeks not sure its going to make it. I sold some Chevy bolt pattern adapter kits to a couple fellas in Perth that are going TH400 and one fella 2004R.

Attachments

• 102_2254.jpg
    102_2254.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 102_2255.jpg
    102_2255.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 270