E85, Is the price high around you, like here in S. Indiana?

GottaBuick

I was headed to the grocery after work today with the wife and daughter, when I looked up at the local E85 station sign......$3.58 a gallon! I had every intention of chipping my GN for E-85 later this summer, probably still will, but that sure made me take a double take. What is up with that? Is it the same in everyone elses area? just wondering.

wow, wonder why it is so high here. It usually lower around the prices you guys mentioned. we just recently opened a second E85 station here in town and I thought that would help lower it, guess not.

oh, and that price is the same as unleaded (87) here.

I checked last night and E85 had gone up to $3.09. Regular dinosaur gas is $3.88!

It stays about 80% of regular around here. I am sure that's just a coincidence! :rolleyes:

lucky b*TZCHES! its now 3.83 in town, 3.76 at the cheapest for the watered down swill! :mad: at least my DD is rated for 82 octane lol.

lucky b*TZCHES! its now 3.83 in town, 3.76 at the cheapest for the watered down swill! :mad: at least my DD is rated for 82 octane lol.
i highly doubt that you have a car that's rated for 82 octane, unless you are driving a stock Model T or something..

E85 is generally 50 cents to a dollar a gallon cheaper than 87 octane around here, but there is one gas station that always seems to have it up within a nickel of 87 octane for some reason.

i highly doubt that you have a car that's rated for 82 octane, unless you are driving a stock Model T or something..

E85 is generally 50 cents to a dollar a gallon cheaper than 87 octane around here, but there is one gas station that always seems to have it up within a nickel of 87 octane for some reason.

according to my 1983 Oldsmobile Chassis Service Manual by GM for the Firenza, Cutlass Ciera and Omega lines (mine is a 83 Ciera Brougham with the 2.5 iron duke with 8.2 or so:1 CR); for that year Iron Duke, fuel is rated at a minimum 82 octane; whereas the 3.0 is also rated for 82 octane; for both being unleaded only, this was apparently designed to deal with low octane unleaded fuels from the mid 70s-early 80s... this is also why it feels a little reliable and steady enough with the cheapie 87 octane fuel I've been feeding her.

No E85 for the general public right now in Hawaii.

Regular gas is $4.25/gallon, and $4.45 for 92. :eek: