OWN THE RAREST TR EVER BUILT. for sale or trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
some might not agree these methanol cars are considered the rarest because GM did NOT build them.My argument is GM did NOT build the GNX either....
the other rarest TR i can think of is the sage green colored regals.contrary to popular belief the GNX is third in line at 547 made.i havent heard how many sage green tr's was built,but i do know only 5 TR's were built for the dept of energy for alternate fuel testing program....
keep in mind im refering to the most desireable model year of 1987.
the cars were shipped from GM straight to Michigan Automotive Research Corp in aprox may 1987 to be modified to run alt fuel.
these 5 were to be tested with methanol as a viable alternate fuel source.i have tons of documintation covering the program and cars.only THREE known to exist now......all the documents i have will go with car...
the GSXtra did a story on the cars back then and a member mailed me a copy of the story.
the 5 cars mods as i can remember as follows;

1)30 gallon stainless steel fuel cells in stock location.two pump setup was also ultilized.
2)8an/6an fuel lines,nickel plated fuel rails,cutom hobbs switch to control second pump at boost.
3)injector balance box was used for custom injectors.
4)ive been told cars also recieved chrome moly rings
5)custom e-prom
6)dual filter setup
7)the trunk pan was modified for tank clearence,and the spare tire lays flat in trunk.theres also a fuel pump access plate in floor for easy pump servive.(all TR shouldve came with this feature).
8)waring sticker on dash,and gas door.there was stickers on rear glass and each outside C pillar.

Condition;
the car has some custom parts that can be removed back to stock. in 2009 at the GS nats the car won silver in the concourse show.it wouldve won gold if i had the correct floor mats and low beam headlights,and rear emblem is off a Riviera.
car has new old stock seats.needs both bumpers rechromed they are pitted.ac compressor is orginal and on its way out.still works but leaks at front seal.
GM gbody oem parts cruise control has been added. the car is also one of the lowest option count TRs built.i think it only has 52 otion codes.ill double check when i see car tomorrow.
also tons of more pics comming tomorrow.the car is parked at my shop.
i also instlled a lesabre cluster and a fiberglass molded gage package on the a pillar with a boost,fuel pressure,wideband gages.
scanmaster on top of dash on cluster trim.power logger installed to oem ecm and TT chip burnt for E85 fuel the car now runs on.
carpet,seats nice....headliner new.paint nice but has flaws.ill try to take pics of flaws.window tint.alarm,gps tracker,remote starter,keyless entry,power door locks,power trunk release added ,two way remote control and completely hidden.entire dash was removed to solder security system in harness and hidden.(this is my profession).
two sets of wheels and tires.one set of oem T wheels with drag radials,and a set od centerines with street tires,both sets shown on car in pics.
TE44 turbo
power plate
new old stock complete power master system installed
new coolant overflow and washer tanks..
new hood shocks
reds volt booster
precision flow matched 60lb injectors
3 1/2 down pipe,dump.no cat.have gutted oem cat with parts.
cold air setup.oem airbox and related componets comes with car.
streatched stock location ic....stock included.
stock cluser included,and a oem gage surround trim bezel.
torque strap.
two red xp pumps
custom 8 ga fp hot wire kit
new cam,timing set,roller cam button,lifters,springs.new oil pump and mods done by Richard Clark.
PTC 10" L/U torque converter...2800 stall.lowest possible.
stock oem date coded hoses,rad,coil pack. oem wires included.
car has ran 7.50's at 90+ mph in the eigth....
chrome up pipe,chrome turbo cover.
recent flush with universal coolant and RMI-25...
i run 10w40 dino oil and ZDDP with every oil change..
dynamax dual exhaust
posi added
pinion snubber added.
drive shaft safty loop added.
oem am/fm delco stereo.new speakers.
new rubber installed at time of paint.new emblems.
absolutely no rust ever.all body mounts good.rides like a 60,000 mile TR should .car has 62000 miles now..very quiet and smooth.quick and relaible.

im sure im missing alot of points,ill add later as i remember...

$25,000 asking price....will trade down or across.not wanting to trade up....no motorcycles.im looking for a TR race car or anything of interest..Its time to move on...im bored...time for a change....i dont need the $$ so no low ball offers or negitive comments are needed.....contact Gary at Carrtunz 912.225.0591
1328984816515.jpg
1328984564726.jpg
1328984765781.jpg
1329142186123.jpg
1329142204392.jpg
1329142216924.jpg
1329142238106.jpg
1329142247833.jpg
1329142260734.jpg
1329142273967.jpg

thanks TY...its hard letting go,but i want to race...but not with this car...it should be saved....i really would like to trade for a race ready TR....more pics......
1329142318726.jpg
1329142332486.jpg
1329142398646.jpg
1329142406897.jpg
1329142417802.jpg
1329142424745.jpg
1329142438639.jpg
1329142446649.jpg
1329142561563.jpg
1329142582063.jpg

Nice car fo sho and I have had the honor to drive it around the pits a BG a few years back, who ever gets it gets a very cool test car.
I bet Mr. Clark would buy it Gary

I am just going to throw this out there, although it should be obvious.

If you are not interested in this car, and make a negative comment towards this ad for any reason, there will be no warning shots fired.

This is not your run of the mill Turbo Regal.

Thats alot of car and history for the money. That has to be the rarest turbo buick I have ever saw. I agree about the gnx. Good luck with the sale. Thats a very nice car .

Thats alot of car and history for the money. That has to be the rarest turbo buick I have ever saw. I agree about the gnx. Good luck with the sale. Thats a very nice car .
Damn, I had dreams about this TR last night. I owned it. What a piece of history.
Sorry to hear you want to sell HER!!!!

hope you get what you want!!!

JD
Good luck with the sale Gary. Hope to see you in May in NC.

Bryan

Thanks guys...Bryan ill be there....

Status
Not open for further replies.