E85 Content Analyzer?

wow a lot of great info here!! i just switched over and love it so far just confused on how to setup to be able to run e85 and gas. you think you can help me out with that

Just the chip
Deka 60lbs injectors
208 comp cam
fuel pressure regulator
k&n filter
precision turbo te60
Manual boost controller
3" downpipe
Atr exhaust
tt E85 chip

You have to order a TT SD2 chip . Since that's a maf less chip (speed density ) it allows you to wire the flex fuel sensor into the maf plug. Makes for a simple install. This will allow the chip to read the ethanol contant and adjust the parameters as needed. I would run a sensor in the rear of the car like I have and wire it from the maf plug to the back of the car. There are a few different ways I could do it as well up front if I didn't want to do it near the tank but I like the tank area better as you have more room to work with.

You have to order a TT SD2 chip . Since that's a maf less chip (speed density ) it allows you to wire the flex fuel sensor into the maf plug. Makes for a simple install. This will allow the chip to read the ethanol contant and adjust the parameters as needed. I would run a sensor in the rear of the car like I have and wire it from the maf plug to the back of the car. There are a few different ways I could do it as well up front if I didn't want to do it near the tank but I like the tank area better as you have more room to work with.

Once this is all wired in, you do away with the mass air, or is there ways to wire it in and keep the mass air ?.

Also, can you separate the timing per ethanol content , like tell it to add 6 degrees of timing in 1/2 and 3 in 3/4 if content is at E85 ?.

LimitedT,

This has to be used with the SD2 chip which is a MAFless speed density chip.

As for spark advance, from what i know and its not much about the SD2 chip it will add timing depending what the e85 content is. its not gear specific as it will just add additional timing across the board to your current set points.

maybe someone with more knowledge with the SD2 chip can chime in as for this info

LimitedT,

This has to be used with the SD2 chip which is a MAFless speed density chip.

As for spark advance, from what i know and its not much about the SD2 chip it will add timing depending what the e85 content is. its not gear specific as it will just add additional timing across the board to your current set points.

maybe someone with more knowledge with the SD2 chip can chime in as for this info
Thanks

Hope this helps some

Attachments

• 1449548854343.jpg
    1449548854343.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 214
Hope this helps some

Goes way over my head, lol.
Was talking to Eric about this and my new chip combo I will need, if I do the analyzer.
He said it requires a lot more tuning with Speed Density. I might just have to stick with testing my E85 before I put in tank.

You wouldn't have to have your chip linked to the analyzer gauge. But that is really cool it can be!

No its not needed to have it linked. however you can if you go from e85 to e-98 or to 91 or a blend. car will run better when it knows the amount of e85. just getting the gauge will let you know alot.

No its not needed to have it linked. however you can if you go from e85 to e-98 or to 91 or a blend. car will run better when it knows the amount of e85. just getting the gauge will let you know alot.

How much harder is it to tune car with the SD2 chip ?.
That's where it might throw me off ?.

Super easy. Eric gets it close as usual and you can tweak it as needed

I have the sd2 setup with flex fuel and as stated before Eric the tune gets it pretty close . Another thing that kicks ass is you can save the tune email it out and make changes to it on tuner pro then reloaded in the ECM . I'm currently helping a member out with his tune just over emails