E85 Content Analyzer?

DaveyX87

I recently converted to E85 and I couldn't be happier. I came across Zeitronix E85 Content Analyzers online. They are basically a way to visually monitor the exact ethanol content of your fuel as well as provide data to an aftermarket ECU. I have a stock ECU, however it would still be nice to have a simple gauge to monitor ethanol percentage as I understand that it may vary from station to station. This would help with tuning for example. Is it beneficial to spend $300 plus on this gadget with a stock ECU? Is there another way? Are there flexfuel sensors with -AN threads? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

I can help you with all your questions, however it's going to take some time to type it. Give me alittle while and when I get home I'll type it all out for you.

I recently converted to E85 and I couldn't be happier. I came across Zeitronix E85 Content Analyzers online. They are basically a way to visually monitor the exact ethanol content of your fuel as well as provide data to an aftermarket ECU. I have a stock ECU, however it would still be nice to have a simple gauge to monitor ethanol percentage as I understand that it may vary from station to station. This would help with tuning for example. Is it beneficial to spend $300 plus on this gadget with a stock ECU? Is there another way? Are there flexfuel sensors with -AN threads? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

Zeitronix makes a very good unit in my opinion. We have been running one of their first style square gauge display (Ethanol Content Analyzer -ECA) with the older gm flex fuel sensor ( the big flex sensor) on two of our cars. One one of our cars has the Ethanol Content Analyzer -ECA (square display unit) and have the output going to the Fast XFI so we can use the Flex Sensor Mode in the ECM. On another car we have the old big flex gm sensor wired straight to the XFI and its running great with no issues.

We recently removed the old style flex fuel sensor and replace it with one of the smaller straight through designs and that sensor is great. With the older sensor and a big fuel pump we had to Y the sensor in the return so we wouldn't have any return pressure issues. With the new flow through sensor you don't have this issue. i haven't used the flow through sensor on my car with a extra large pump to see if it will flow enough through the sensor but i'm pretty it will and wont have any back pressure issues.

We run the sensor with the gauge in one of our cars as its nice to see the ethanol content we pump from the station without having to test it. Here in Arizona our e85 stations are pretty good and haven't seen much of a difference in ethanol levels.

You can run the flex fuel sensor on a stock ecm with powerlogger and erics TT chip and wire it if you wanted from what i know. i haven't done this as i have a xfi on our cars.

If you do decide to run the Zeitronix gauge the round or square unit will work but do not by the sensor from them as they upcharge the hell out of them. you can get the sensor you need for a nlot cheaper at summit, jegs, gmpartdirect and others. there are 3 version that very in length depending on how you want to mount it. We use the medium length unit and put the hose over the end and tighten. If you want to use AN fitting there are several fittings that will work on the sensor and converter to any AN size you want. They are a simple slide on and they lock in place then you thread whatever AN size onto that adapter. super easy.

I like the setup myself, i can always see how good or bad my e85 is. if we are lower then e85 here we have e98 we spike the fuel with to get the level where we want it.

hope this help some

This was very helpful. I am trying to figure out which sensor to order. As long as the input/output is a large enough diameter I should be ok. Thanks

Also, if you get a chance, I would like to see how the sensor is mounted. I suppose it is mounted next to the fp regulator? Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated!

Just saw the posts, I'll post a picture of how I mounted my new little e85 sensor tomorrow.

Here is how I mounted mine . I plumed it into the return line . I believe I payed 45$ for the ethonal sensor . And the fitting to plum it in cost $80 lol . I have it powered from my MAF connector that I extended . I then set up the tables in the powerlogger to add fuel and timing per the ethonal contant
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

For us guys with stock lines

And been letting mine sit like this. Been working well for years

Also I didn't take a picture of the way the hoses are connected because I use the vent as the return and the return as the vent to eliminate return line issues with running a big pump

Yea that would have been a lot cheaper for me those fittings for the Teflon lines where expensive and a Bi**h to put on lol

I used the quick connect fittings from aeromotive on my other car with aftermarket lines

Thanks again! Also, what is your opinion on the Innovative Motorsports E85 gauge kit? I just came across this. $239 for the whole kit seems reasonable.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXD.php#3904

Looked at their site. Looks like a nice setup but alittle over priced. I would like to have them sell me just the gauge and then buy your own sensor and wire. If you get their setup I wonder about the length of wire they send for one but that's an easy fix and 2 you would need the fittings for sensor if using aftermarket lines. I like the round gauges but they didn't have that when I got my setup

Last edited: