E3 spark plugs users

86GN-862+2

Any of you guys use these? They claim HP increases as well as fuel economy due to better fuel ignition. I know HP TV show did a dyno test on them but it is always better to find out if they really work when an unbiased end-user has produced the same results. Here's their website:

Yahoo! ... plugs.com/

I really dont trust TV shows, they could have loaded the dyno up differently to show HP gains. At least Billy Mays isnt trying to sell them........yet:rolleyes: . I would go with AC delco or NGK plugs, guys are going fast with these plugs.

I have been using them for a while now , I run 100% e85 and no problems yet hp increase not sure but the car pulls hard at 25psi I don't put a ton miles on my car a year , there are a few guys on here that use them as well with good results.Try them out and vote;) for yourself

I really dont trust TV shows, they could have loaded the dyno up differently to show HP gains. At least Billy Mays isnt trying to sell them........yet:rolleyes: . I would go with AC delco or NGK plugs, guys are going fast with these plugs.

Ditto... I like the powerblock...I watch it just for Courtney Hansen :)

But the powerblock is full of product placement in all of thier shows. I saw the same special but it was that easy and that reliable.. why wouldn't the OEM's use it? I would like to see another dyno pull with someone that wasn't getting paid by E3. I use Delco's in my ride...

Not trying to be a wise guy but I have used the E3 in my lawnmower :biggrin: and it starts easier than a campion and runs better. So I threw a set in my watercraft and they run better and there is a slightly better tip in response. Take it for what its worth.

Now if the Sham-Wow :eek: guy was selling them (when he wasn't busy beating up :eek: hookers) I might buy 'em :) I've tried everything in the 22 years I've had my car and nothing works better in my car than Autolite plugs. I've used them when my car had stock heads (Autolite 23's) and I still use them with My current set up with GN1 heads (Autolite 103's). Use Autolite or AC Delco and you'll save enough money to buy the "Big City Sliders" kit from Billy Mays :) Paul

Thanks guys. It's good to have unbiased input. Maybe they work for certain engine designs while not so good for others. I've read how a lot of newer car owners have the SES come on on their rides;) . I guess that makes up my mind.

Now if the Sham-Wow :eek: guy was selling them (when he wasn't busy beating up :eek: hookers) I might buy 'em :) I've tried everything in the 22 years I've had my car and nothing works better in my car than Autolite plugs. I've used them when my car had stock heads (Autolite 23's) and I still use them with My current set up with GN1 heads (Autolite 103's). Use Autolite or AC Delco and you'll save enough money to buy the "Big City Sliders" kit from Billy Mays :) Paul

Is that what he got arrested for? HAhahahahaha :biggrin:

I will never buy anything from Billy Mays :mad: , man I hate that guy! (except Oxyclean ;) )

Ok back on topic, just because it say more performance doesnt mean more performance. These cars have been here since '84 and everything has been tested on them (almost everything) and the stuff closer to stock still works great on them.

I'm using them at the moment (regular gas + alky) and they are working well. Car pulls well up top and the idle quality is the same as the NGK Iridiums I was using before. I can't tell if there is a HP gain but so far I like them.

kool! I have been reading about some people gaining approximately 200rpms up top with no missfires and very smooth operation.

no matter how many points you put on a spark plug, the spark will still only jump once and from 1 electrode.

seems like a gimmick to me

Hp increases with fresh plugs are easily attained, whether that be single electrode/ground strap type or whatever.
As soon as teh center electrode loses its 90 degree edge 30% of the spark is lost. The 90 degree is the kicker. If you have put say, 18 k on your car and you have lost your sharp edge?some contaminants/etc then a fresh set of plugs will show and increase.
What they never do is throw in a set of fresh basic plugs dyno it and then the "fancy latest" plugs and see if there is a difference.
As with the splitfires, Bosch +4's, Etc, etc . They always show better power but never tried them against news plugs of the type the are replacing.
The harder metals used in the center electrode is the key to keeping the 90 degree edge and proper gap.
MHO

ive been using these plugs for a while now (maybe 7 - 12 months)and been very happy. i saw an improvment in idle and crusing speed right away and never have a sign of detination when i lay into it.( i have apprx 500hp at the wheel ). (not that i had that problem before the plugs.) i run 93 octane w alky. i really like the fact they go right inn without worrying about what gap i need. i always had gotten different advice or never quite got the setting right. (too hot... not hot enough...ect.) probably my favorite feature. the cost really isnt an issue and for a little more money, you should get more and better milage. just my .02$.. (p.s. im also a believer in Royal Purple which they also endorse on that channel, but that has nothing to do with my decision making.)

Hp increases with fresh plugs are easily attained, whether that be single electrode/ground strap type or whatever.
As soon as teh center electrode loses its 90 degree edge 30% of the spark is lost. The 90 degree is the kicker. If you have put say, 18 k on your car and you have lost your sharp edge?some contaminants/etc then a fresh set of plugs will show and increase.
What they never do is throw in a set of fresh basic plugs dyno it and then the "fancy latest" plugs and see if there is a difference.
As with the splitfires, Bosch +4's, Etc, etc . They always show better power but never tried them against news plugs of the type the are replacing.
The harder metals used in the center electrode is the key to keeping the 90 degree edge and proper gap.
MHO
Good info here. The key phrase would be "path of least resistance" apparently.