Dyno numbers

ta88gta

Spent a couple hours tuning the gn on the dyno yesterday since are track here closed for the season just after i got my car back together. Mods are in my sig and pulls were done at 20lbs. We gained over 70ftlbs from first pull to last just tuning the alky and trimimg fuel. Theres alot more there if start playing with boost but my nerves got the best of me when i started thing about about the bottom end, so i i decided to stop beating on her. Last pull gave us 434hp still climbing and 557ftlbs of torqe to the wheels. Thoughts suggestions? PL file for last pull is attached.

Dip in the WB shows where the tcc locked up.

Attachments

• dynosheet 072.JPG
    dynosheet 072.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 317
  • mopacdynopull7.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 36
pretty damn good numbers! A mustang dyno is typically 5-8% lower than the dynojet numbers you see talked about. On a superflow dyno which is slightly lower than a mustang dyno, my 87 put down 428/460 before the roller cam and 23 psi through my NL PTC converter. My dads 86 that just went 126 mph in the 1/4 put down 448 hp on a mustang dyno (no trq reading) with a locked up 9/11. Sounds like you have it running pretty damn good on 20 lbs and mild heads.

I would becareful 5.1 degree's knock, which wideband is tied into your system? MAF numbers are a little low too?

Im running a PLX wide band. The kr comes in when the chip changes from mid boost fuel to WOT fuel. Ive got mid boost set at 4.7% leaner than than wot fuel so im still abit confused as to why when the chip changes to a richer cell it knocks for that spilt second. You can see as soon as it makes the change to wot fuel its knocks and ecu adds 6% fuel knock fades and then corrects back to -3% fuel. Its a bit of a tricky fuel transition but ill keep playing with it till its right.

As for the maf numbers im not sure how they are calculated since im using the SD chip from TT

Oops i forgot it doesn;t use the Maf, probably explains why its not at 255. IS there anyway you can tune out that knock? KNock is not good at that boost level at all.

nice numbers. Since you have stock internals on the stock block, your pretty much maxed on power give or take a few ponies, before blowing something up, so be careful on tune for sure. Nice car, love the stance and wheel combo

Judging by the way it drove after tuning it on the dyno I'd say bottom 11s - high 10s should be no problem with a good 60'. I am impressed by the torque the 6265 makes down low, only 6 months left until the track re-opens :mad:

Datar