Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

4L80E, low imp injs and E-85?

I am very interested. I have an 87 TR with 274 CID stg 2 and a 4L80E. I would like to be informed if and when the trans control feature is available. I have both a FAST sequential box in use and a FAST bank box spare as well as the FAST trans control in use now. I am not aware of a FAST, Speed-Pro or Fel-Pro box that was ever a batch fire as mentioned by someone in an earlier post. I think the bank box is almost as good for most of us as the Sequential, unless using individual cyl control. I would be willing to do some beta testing. I am no "Jay Carter" but I could probably be of some value, given a decent help file and reasonable install instructions. Being from Minnesota, it would be nice to have a corn fuel feature as well, since we have E-85 at the local stations. There are at least 2 other guys here in the local club that are interested as well. They are both running low impedance injectors, so that is a big concern. I hope to see that as an offered feature soon. Subscribed.

Wanted to post a quick update. The GN is running on the EBL SFI-6 Flash system. And runs rather well at that. However, the car itself still needs additional work before we can really start testing all of the features.

At the time of release the EBL SFI-6 will be SD only. There is too much to test and work with to worry about having a combo MAF/SD set up. Note that the ECM firmware is field upgradeable, so it can be updated at a later time.

ScanMaster interface has been tested and works. Since this ECM is an 8192 baud ALDL we bit-banged the 160 ALDL out on a quad driver port. Requires a resistor and a diode, but not a big deal to add them.

With the features the EBL SFI-6 offer we need to put together some additional hardware for the end users. Once you see the capabilities it will be obvious why.

At the same time can use the stock EFI harness with just a re-pinning or an adapter. But for using all of the features will need additional wires between the ECM and other devices.

An example is that it will be able to control either two fans, or the low & high of the stock fan. To do that need an additional wire from the ECM to the fan relay. Same for the dual MAP support, need another wire.

We are also looking into how to provide low impedance injector support. This may end up being an add-on box.

It is coming, not as soon as we thought, but good things come in time.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Will this work with other wideband controllers or just the TT-1?

The EBL SFI-6 Flash system will work with other WB set ups. There is built in support for the popular devices. Along with the Zeitronix's as it has a non-linear output. Same for the DIY-WB if anyone is using one of those.

For non-built in devices can create a user device and select it. This works for any linear 0 to 5 volt output device. Easy to set up and use.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I have a MPFI EBL in my pick up - Great product and excellent support from the man who made it. where else can you get that?? If I didn't already have XFI in my Buick I would jump all over this!!! This guy is so smart it's scary

TurboBuRick said:
Any updates?

In the midst of the final stages, but Bob will of course update this thread when ready for release... :)

chasmat2316 said:
This guy is so smart it's scary...

Not only that he is a gentleman. I have been a member on another board in which he moderates for a very long time, and his dedication to the DIY community is second to none, and all of his answers, recommendations and responses are precise and to the point, and a question presented to him never goes unanswered. Searching the archives on that other board you will find many top and credible tuners from today, asking, and referring their questions to Bob, because he is who they sourced for information. Labeling him a guru would still be an understatement, believe me... :)

Can this ECM use a combination crank sensor and ignition module from the 1988 and newer 3800's for faster start-ups? I see it already uses the cranking prime pulses before the engine starts like the newer 3800.

Can this ECM use a combination crank sensor and ignition module from the 1988 and newer 3800's for faster start-ups? I see it already uses the cranking prime pulses before the engine starts like the newer 3800.

Yes it can. The ECM to ICM interface is the same as the '86/'87 GNs. The EBL SFI-6 test vehicle has a fast start system on it.

Have the test car on the street now and am tuning it and final testing the ECM firmware. Exhaust is too loud (attracts too much un-wanted attention) so a different exhaust system is going on this week. Then as long as the snow stays away the remaining testing/tuning will go quickly.

I must say that I am a bit surprised at how well mannered the car/engine is with the EBL SFI-6 running it. I had expected that the engine wouldn't like running in closed loop and being so tractable.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Yes it can. The ECM to ICM interface is the same as the '86/'87 GNs. The EBL SFI-6 test vehicle has a fast start system on it.
RemoveBeforeFlight

Cool. Yep, the wiring from the ECM to ICM is basically the same on the Turbo Regal and the 1988 and newer modules. The crank sensor and the way its wired are different from the crank and cam sensors to the ICM. Since the early and late modules are different, in order to use the fast start system the module and the crank sensor would have to be replaced along with a modified crank balancer that incorporated dual trigger rings. Also, there would have to be an additional 18x wire run to the ECM from the module. Is this what you done to get the fast start working on the your Turbo Regal? I dont see a lot of people doing this on their car but it's definitely worth the effort to get it working. One more thing, if people are not going to install the fast start feature, I assume the original TR module will work with your ECM it just wont start up as fast.

Cool. Yep, the wiring from the ECM to ICM is basically the same on the Turbo Regal and the 1988 and newer modules. The crank sensor and the way its wired are different from the crank and cam sensors to the ICM. Since the early and late modules are different, in order to use the fast start system the module and the crank sensor would have to be replaced along with a modified crank balancer that incorporated dual trigger rings. Also, there would have to be an additional 18x wire run to the ECM from the module. Is this what you done to get the fast start working on the your Turbo Regal? I dont see a lot of people doing this on their car but it's definitely worth the effort to get it working. One more thing, if people are not going to install the fast start feature, I assume the original TR module will work with your ECM it just wont start up as fast.

The 18X signal isn't used by the EBL SFI-6 ECM. So no need to wire it in. That being said the stock TR ignition set up will also work with the EBL SFI-6 ECM.

There is a thread or two on installing the fast start system on our cars. Has the pictures along with the wiring for it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Bob, I am anxiously awaiting for the release. I have the fast start on my Buick already, so it seems that I will still be able to incorporate this feature with the EBL. I am not driving the car yet, which kinda works out good, so i can get the WBO2, the car PC and the EBL all tied together, tuning from the touch screen!

Long time no update... Everything is good to go except the waste-gate control. At this time we are going to release the EBL SFI-6 system without it. It works, but not well enough. So we are going to take a different approach for WG control and release an update in the future.

If there is anyone that would like to try it out and do not require the WG control please contact me (bobr @ dynamicefi.com, remove the spaces). I have contacted a few people that have expressed interest in trying it out.

At this time just need to finish up the documentation and put together an install CD.

RemoveBeforeFlight