Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

. Glad to see someone using it on a TB engine. There is so much adjustability, with the extra features, and keeping it SFI.

not sure if you read through but street lethal isnt on a turbo buick ,
maybe you assumed because hes on a turbobuick board and his sig read "1990 Turbo Trans Am GTA"

He posted pics , he is running on a NA tuneport 5.0L Chevrolet v8 in a 1990 GTA and he has plans to add the turbo once its running properly

not sure if you read through but street lethal isnt on a turbo buick ,
maybe you assumed because hes on a turbobuick board and his sig read "1990 Turbo Trans Am GTA"

He posted pics , he is running on a NA tuneport 5.0L Chevrolet v8 in a 1990 GTA and he has plans to add the turbo once its running properly

Yes, the GTA is running a SBC using the EBL-P4 which is essentially the same fuel injection control as the SFI-6, but for V8's. The self learning feature is shared between the two, but the SFI-6 has many more features over the EBL-P4. I am just embellishing on some of the features in the SFI-6 system that you would find in the EBL-P4 for this thread. From the moment the system was installed, you select a .bin file that comes with the system that is closest to your setup, or you can even download one from elsewhere, or simply start from scratch if that is your preference, then flash it in instantaneously. From there, turn the key, set VE to learn, run a datalog if you want to, start the engine and watch the system dial in the VE for you. Once finished, stop the VE learn, click on flash, then save the modified .bin into the system. Literally takes seconds...

Doesn't matter what size injectors you run, doesn't matter what cam you run, doesn't matter what MAP you run. It does it all for you. Or, if you don't want it to VE learn, and you just want to run your own code, then just disregard the VE learn feature, whatever you want. When VE learning though we simply select a .bin file closest to our setup just to help speed up the process of dialing it all in, but even then you don't need to, it learns all by itself, with or without a wideband. Can run Open Loop, Closed Loop, Open Loop idle w/Closed Loop part throttle w/Open Loop wide open throttle, can have wide band O2 correction at wide open throttle, whatever you may need. Neat thing about SFI-6 is it switches from 1 BAR, 2 BAR and 3 BAR all on its' own, depending where your kpa is, so you never lose resolution.

I did see the SBC, but got wrapped up in my post so much I goofed.

Anyway, all the EBL versions have very similar features, just like street lethal is saying. Love it.

Bob, I just purchased the SFI-6 system. What are the specs of your test car ? Maybe I can modify your bin to mine? I also purchased the
Chrysler relay to try the alcohol injection. I will have many questions. I can't wait to try it :D

Regards,
Juan

Bob, I just purchased the SFI-6 system. What are the specs of your test car ? Maybe I can modify your bin to mine? I also purchased the
Chrysler relay to try the alcohol injection. I will have many questions. I can't wait to try it :D

Regards,
Juan

The BIN that is included with the EBL SFI-6 system is from our test car. The spark advance is conservative to prevent detonation on unknown combinations.

Basic engine is a 3.8l, 206/206 roller cam, lightly ported heads, 60#/hr injectors, large FMIC, and a TA61 or TA62 turbo (not quite sure which one). And as a typical TB is under repair...

RemoveBeforeFlight

Nice. Glad to see someone else trying this. I can't wait to buy this, a few more weeks hopefully!

I don't have the big cam and injectors though, so I would take a stock tune and build from there.

I would love to have this set up!! It's cost effective and has everything you would need to see performance gains like those using stand alone systems....Problem is I have no experience tuning and don't know any Turbo Regal owners who have this system....

There is a definite learning curve with tuning. I have been a mechanic for years, so when I first got into tuning fuel injection on 80's cars, it was a bit easier, though there was still a steep learning curve. Mainly because there are so many more variables available to tune. But, I would have it no other way, the difference between a store bought chip, and one that was tuning for you specific combination, it can be like night and day.

There is a definite learning curve with tuning. I have been a mechanic for years, so when I first got into tuning fuel injection on 80's cars, it was a bit easier, though there was still a steep learning curve. Mainly because there are so many more variables available to tune. But, I would have it no other way, the difference between a store bought chip, and one that was tuning for you specific combination, it can be like night and day.
I may make this jump over the winter...I really like the fact this system can go with both low and high impedance injectors also maf or speed density...

I may make this jump over the winter...I really like the fact this system can go with both low and high impedance injectors also maf or speed density...
The ecm will still need to be modified with the correct drivers to run low impedance injectors correctly, else you will need to install an aftermarket driver box separate. I think if you read back through all of this again, it states the maf sensor is not currently supported--it is speed density only.

I believe it's aftermarket only driver box for low impedance injectors. Something about not being able to get the part for the ECM to convert...

Regards,
Juan

Any updates for us Juan? :)

I myself finally got the turbo on the engine, hoping to have the tune dialed in with the EBL-P4 immediately...

Need some charge pipes and a down pipe and you're ready to roll...

Had the Black Car out today for some waste gate control test & tune. It is looking up.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I am waiting for Bob to finish the waste gate control stuff, before I install it. :D

Juan

Need some charge pipes and a down pipe and you're ready to roll...

Been very lazy lately, but started picking up the pace again this past weekend. Right now I am trying to find some 4" oval aluminum intake tubing to mate to the TPI throttle body, then eventually straighten out just before it meets the Intercooler. Might have to just try to flatten some regular 4" aluminum tube the best that I can for now. Intercooler is already bolted in, just need to connect it to the throttle body. Bob, I removed the vapor canister, but is there any way I can use the vapor canisters' electrical connector for a electronic boost controller, and then control it using the EBL-P4, or should I just go with a standalone? Disregard the wideband lying on the plenum, still need to relocate it...

697ff337-e2d2-442c-9bf8-8045007856a5_zps5ef3a09d.jpg