DW Pump & E-85

Azrial89

I recently did a DW pump and Hotwire kit before deciding to convert to E-85... My question is, has anyone used the DW 300 with E-85, and if so, how has it held up to the increase in fuel needs? For example, what size injectors are you running and boost levels, so on and so fourth.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Try it & go as far as u can with it dude. I say this cause they told me the same thing many yrs ago about my pumps that it wouldn't last & they will fail right away. Well u know what??? it's been 7yrs & counting & i had only one fail on me just 3 months ago. Swapped it out with a new one & i was good to go.

Great, will do. Thanks for the encouragement! I love to watch the videos of your car! Keep it up!

I'm running a DW300 and 80lbs Injectors.
Boost is at 24 on E85. I'll have to refer back to my Powerlogger file to see where Injector Duty Cycle is at.
Nick Micale did my conversion.

I'm running a DW300 and 80lbs Injectors.
Boost is at 24 on E85. I'll have to refer back to my Powerlogger file to see where Injector Duty Cycle is at.
Nick Micale did my conversion.
Great, Thanks for the input! CGASTON has offered his up his knowledge and experience to help with my conversion, real stand up guy! I'm really looking forward to it!

Great, Thanks for the input! CGASTON has offered his up his knowledge and experience to help with my conversion, real stand up guy! I'm really looking forward to it!

Sounds like you are in good hands. Also looks like you are going with 120lbs injectors?

Yes, from talking with clint we decided to go with the larger injector size for wiggle room down the way. If Im spending all that money for new injectors, I want to be able to have the option to go more later

I posted a lot of data on this a few years ago. I'm on my 3rd season with a DW pump on E85. I run high boost pressure and subsequently high fuel pressure, up to 75psi. The DW pump has been able to support that up to approximately 75% duty on my 80lb injectors. After that the fuel pressure falls off a little.

Just recently (in it's 3rd season) I added a Caspers volt booster to give the pump a little extra push, since it's no spring chicken anymore.

My setup is the following:
stock fuel lines, fuel filter and fuel rail
80lb injectors
Casper's hot wire kit
Racetronix fuel pump bulkhead wiring kit (to replace the wiring that goes into the tank)
stock fuel hanger, tweaked and trimmed to hold the DW300

replaceing the bulkhead wiring was critical to the pumps performance. the factory stuff was worn out and weak to begin with. the fuel pressure capability improved substantially with the new wiring.

I posted a lot of data on this a few years ago. I'm on my 3rd season with a DW pump on E85. I run high boost pressure and subsequently high fuel pressure, up to 75psi. The DW pump has been able to support that up to approximately 75% duty on my 80lb injectors. After that the fuel pressure falls off a little.

Just recently (in it's 3rd season) I added a Caspers volt booster to give the pump a little extra push, since it's no spring chicken anymore.

My setup is the following:
stock fuel lines, fuel filter and fuel rail
80lb injectors
Casper's hot wire kit
Racetronix fuel pump bulkhead wiring kit (to replace the wiring that goes into the tank)
stock fuel hanger, tweaked and trimmed to hold the DW300

replaceing the bulkhead wiring was critical to the pumps performance. the factory stuff was worn out and weak to begin with. the fuel pressure capability improved substantially with the new wiring.
Did you replace any of the rubber hoses?

Did the casper's volt booster make a noticeable difference?

Did the casper's volt booster make a noticeable difference?
Yes it strengthened the fuel pressure. The pump was down about 2-3psi at the highest duty cycles after a few years. The volt booster kicked it in the ass.

Do you guys think this pump can safely support 500hp on E85?

OVER 500 ...on E85 .... I don't know how many GN's I've setup running 10.80 in full weight trim running a single DW pump and E85 with 80's that trap 122-124 all day long..

OVER 500 ...on E85 .... I don't know how many GN's I've setup running 10.80 in full weight trim running a single DW pump and E85 with 80's that trap 122-124 all day long..
What duty cycle have most been running, and what af ratio have you found to make the most power?

the DC will depend on the tuner and what is being run for pressures.. there is no magic number to shoot for as far afr .. a lot depends on what your using for a sensor and where its located... typically I see 10.9-11.4 work very well .. but ive seen at least 1 car make the fastest passes @ 11.7ish on the same wideband as others have been @ 10.90 ... Also what the E85 test out at .... that pump with a 80 pound siemens injector and TT chip is simply a unreal setup to beat .. idle, drivability , WOT power is phenomenal .

I can't say enough about those pumps/ injector / chip setups ..